Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014


Our Christmas was very special this year.  Christmas Eve day was very rainy which we happen to enjoy here in the desert!  
The morning was full of a photo inspection job, a few last errands, cleaning of the home and preparation of food.  
At 4 o'clock, we attended a Christmas Eve service at a nearby local church.  It was a blessing to sit with our family (and Josh :) and be ministered to  - a change for us who usually are the ones working and leading.  We enjoyed the Christmas music and message as well as watching the rain turn to snow as the service progressed.


When we arrived home, we enjoyed our Christmas dinner.  Ham, cottage mashed potatoes, creamy corn casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, shrimp cocktail, macaroni and cheese along with punch pop and sparkling cider.  Christmas cupcakes were for dessert.

Then one of my favorite parts, we sat around the table after dishes and cleaning up...and sang with the guitar.  Singing as a family has always been something we have enjoyed through our growing up years.  Singing this year was something that added a little home to the holiday.  We so enjoyed having Josh as part of our Christmas.  :)
The next morning, I came home to my family waiting to open gifts and read the Christmas story.  My husband had made me a perfect cup of coffee and a delicious omelet.  Mmm!
Yes, I love all my gifts and God was so good to our family.  His blessings abounded in 2014 and I pray even more so in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment