Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas and Budget Do Go Together!

The words Christmas and budget do go together!  The key to putting happy in the Happy Holidays is to plan and execute that plan.


The Christmas Budgeting Form is a handy form that it is still not to late to use for this Christmas and keep on hand for next year.  (Start a new one in January and you will know how much each month you need to save for your Christmas 2015 budget!)

I like this form because it includes other items and categories besides gifts.  Gifts are only one part of Christmas expense.

Wrapping Expense - Paper, boxes, ribbons, tape
Christmas Cards - Photo shoot, printing of cards, stamps
Food and Entertainment - Special meals such as Christmas dinner, a meal out, a special activity such as ice skating/skiing
Travelling Expenses - Gas, Airfare, Hotels, Food Costs
Charitable Donations - Church, Homeless Shelter, Angel Tree...There are so many different options to give to others this season!
Miscellaneous
Gifts/Homemade Gift Supplies

For the gifts category, I made a list of every one that we will be purchasing a gift for and the amount that we will spend.  From this form, I know my entire Christmas budget needed.


One of the printable forms that I have enjoyed using this Christmas season is the Printable Christmas Gift List.  I have one for each member of our family.  

For example, each daughter has a budgeted amount of money for their gifts.  I put that amount at the top in the Budgeted Amount slot.  As I order or purchase a gift on their list, I write it in the Gift Description slot and the amount I spent.  It serves as a ledger for me.  I know the gifts I have purchased, the amount I spent and the amount that is left in their budget.  You can also mark if it is wrapped.  A really helpful tool!


Christmas can be a stressful time of year if you allow it to become so.  Being organized with just a few tools and helps can greatly reduce the stress.  Come into the new year knowing you stayed on budget for the holidays without debt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment