Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

There is something really annoying about dogs.  (OK, there are lot of annoying things about dogs – LOL!  But this one is at the top.)


When ONE dog starts barking in a neighborhood, ALL dogs have to start barking as well.  It is a chain reaction.  Since I can’t ask my dog why he must do that every single time, I have to assume he just wants to put in his “two cents” and “let his voice be heard”.

Is the barking over an important matter like the house is burning down – “Homeowner, get out!”  Yeah, I highly doubt it.  I assume it is more like, “Hey, there is a person walking by my house!”  And EVERY dog has to comment on it.  Super annoying.

But, you know, many times, we are like those dumb dogs.  I’m guilty!  The second someone says something…Bam!  We are in there putting in our opinion…whether needed or necessary.

It’s a hard habit to break.  And one that definitely needs the help of the Word of God.  A great verse that will help is this:
Psalms 141:3  “Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth, keep the door of my lips.”  I imagine that if we really and truly let only the words that the Lord wants to come out of our mouth…we will probably be doing well.  And most likely not saying whatever pops into our head every three seconds.

With whom are you perhaps struggling with?  Your husband, a co-worker, a mother in law, a neighbor.  Are you looking at them thinking – You are so annoying!  Why do you have to comment on every single issue?  Or maybe, like myself, do you need to look at yourself and say, Am I saying things I shouldn’t?  Maybe I am the one starting the chain reaction.  Hmmm. 

So today’s challenge is:  Use Psalms 141 to help you control your mouth.  Memorize it and keep it in front of you.  Make it your goal to set a watch before your mouth today.

Will you take the challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment