Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Week


Yep.  This is it. :)  End of September has come and gone.  


Time to get out my fall-flavored cups for my mom's visit. :)

Monday was a very busy day.  I left for my photo job at 6:45am so I could finish it up and get back before the start of school.  Well, a few of the lots weren't opened and that held me up so Monday began late.  
School, babysitting, clean the Fellowship Hall and front lobby.
Summer is doing good on her letters.  She wanted to take a photo of her B's. :)


After school, piano lessons and grocery shopping.  After the kids were picked up, I went to the church to record several podcasts and then home to water the lawn.

It was a rather taxing day and Josh and Jenny brought me a strawberry lemonade to keep me sane. :)


 Tuesday, school and babysitting.  My husband had a round table meeting with some local pastors at 10am.  We got done with school, cleaned and set up the school room for Sunday since this was our last day of school for this week.  I had my yearly evaluation with Senior Helpers at 2:30pm.  I thought I had enough time to grab a few things at Wal-Mart and while checking out...my mom is calling saying she has landed!  Nothing goes fast with six kids.  :)

We pick her up and head right home.  Cream cheese potato soup and BLT's for a rushed dinner then off to softball practice at 5:45.


Reagan keeping herself amused during school time.


Aaron keeping himself amused during grocery shopping.  :)


First dinner with Nana.


Softball practice.



Wednesday, we had a low key day around the house.  Piano lessons 1-2:30pm, admin meeting from 4-6:45pm.  Corned beef and cabbage for dinner.
When I got home, we went on a little trail by Silver Lake.  Beautiful evening.




Thursday was Autumn's 10th birthday so that was our day "out".  We went to Red Robin for lunch along with Goodwill, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, the chiropractor.








I always get the Bleu burger...and sweet potato fries.  Mmm!!


When we got home, we had fish and shrimp foil packets on the grill.  Yum!  Addie had softball practice at 5:45pm and then we did s'mores by the fire.


Again, another beautiful sunset!


 
My FIL could talk the leg off a horse!  

 
Friday morning, I spent the morning finishing cleaning the church.
Then we took all the kids to the park.  I got frosty's for the kids and strawberry lemonades for Mom and me.  

  Mom made dinner with the girls - tacos and cheesecake.  My husband had a meeting at 7pm. 



Summer must have came into contact with something that must have given her an allergic reaction at the park.


Friday was the most gorgeous sunset of the week!
 I got Mom a wax warmer and she wanted to try it out in her room. :)


Friday evening was pedicures and manicures done by Addie. :)


Saturday morning was Community Outreach and two softball games.  It was quite warm for the end of September.


When we got home, I made meatball foil packets for dinner on the grill.  I added french fried onions this time...yum!  My husband had a wedding to do during this time.  Then we ended with root beer floats. :)



Again...beautiful skies.

Sunday was a normal day of church.  Mom and I sang a special in the morning service.  For lunch, Melanie prepared a delicious meal of pulled pork sandwiches along with a salad and strawberry shortcake.  Thank you, Melanie!
We did look for the blood moon but all we could see was the sunset and then clouds.


My mom and I made a pear pie on Saturday afternoon and we enjoyed some Sunday evening after church.  Someone had given us a bunch of pears that we needed to use up.  My husband asked if we had made that apple pie.  Ha!!



This is as much of the moon as we saw. :)

Monday, we first had lunch at BK.  Thanks Dad!



Aaron was the little prince. :)



Then we went to the Sparks Marina for the kids to play a little.


Ride the ferris wheel at Scheel's.




We walked around and read/listened about all the Presidents.

The girls then played Memory with Nana while I finished dinner...meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes and salad.


Then the hubby and I left for a much needed date to Texas Roadhouse.  Fried catfish, baked potato and green beans.


When we got home from the restaurant and the mall, the girls and Mom were playing church.  Sierra preached the sermon - it was so cute!


Tuesday, Mom left back for Ohio.  We will miss her. :(


1 comment: