Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Week

I am so behind...it is not even funny.  From school to church to my Mom's visit...I haven't sat down at the computer for more than 3 minutes to get to blog.  So the next few days, I will try to catch up!

Monday, my husband and daughter were out of town in North Carolina.  We did school our regular times - babysitting.  Once we got home, I decided that it would be a good time to steam clean the carpet in the living room and the furniture with him being out of town and my mom coming in.  That whole process from vacuuming to rearranging the furniture to the actual steam cleaning took the entire afternoon and evening.  LOL!  It did feel very good to accomplish that task!
I also got up my new Family sign from Hobby Lobby. :)


Tuesday was school, babysitting, piano lessons.  In the afternoon, I tackled the pantry.  Threw out expired items, wiped down the shelves and organized the items.


  Then it was off for a late softball game.  Warm-ups at 6:30, game at 7:40 and lasted until 9:40!  And the weather was very chilly and windy.  We were wrapped up in jackets and blankets to keep warm.  LOL!  By the time we got home at 10pm, I was beat.



Wednesday was school and all three extra kids for babysitting.  That is always an adventure on grocery shopping outings.  Then it was off to the airport at 8:30pm to pick up the hubby and kiddo.

Thursday was school and babysitting.  For dinner, we had Papa Vern over to celebrate Summer's 5th birthday which was Wednesday.  Summer's request was lasagna, corn and garlic bread.  I tried making a cake - that didn't turn out so well.  I called my husband and he ran to Wal-Mart for me.  He calls me from the cake mix aisle asking if I wanted frosting.  I said, No, I need an actual already made cake!  HA!  We had a nice dinner and Summer enjoyed her Frozen gifts. :)


Big sister gives her a makeover.


Papa Vern and Summer.


Addie had softball practice and I caught this beautiful sky while at it.


Friday was school and babysitting.  I spent a good deal of the day preparing the house and meal for guests that evening.  We had over the Traynors, the Benningers, the Mussers and the Allens.  I tried a new recipe - a marinated pork loin and it was delicious!  Along with cottage mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salad and creamy corn casserole.  Our guests brought drinks and dessert.  We had a great time of fellowship.  After the last guests left around 10:20, I cleaned up  - thankful for a dishwasher!





Saturday, we had two softball games.  Warm-ups at 8am (lots of coffee needed after a late night!), game at 9am.  In between games, I went and did half of a photo inspection job that I had received.  Half of the lots were locked but I did get a good start on them.  Then I went to Les Schwaab to get my husband's tire fixed.  While that was being done, I did some Goodwill shopping.  Then it was back for another game at 3:50 which started late.  The last game ended a little after 6pm.  


I love fall!




A cute tub I got for hosting. :)


On the way home, I caught just a smidgen of the air races.  We didn't get to go this year with Mom's visit being so close, babysitting and softball.  Hopefully next year!


Our street is just packed every year with folks coming to the air races.

Sunday was a regular day of church.  My husband and I enjoyed fellowship with the 55 and older group of our church for lunch at the Bonanza.  A good week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment