Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Week

Last week was our Fall Revival.  While the girls did their lessons in school on their DVD's, I spent the morning setting up for our revival services that evening.
Clean the auditorium, clean the bathrooms, set up the Fellowship Hall for the meal and all the small details like visitor packets...coffee bar...cleaning the windows...garbage...making the drinks, etc.  

Monday evening, the ladies of our church made lasagnas and we served it with salad, french bread and cookies for our meal before the revival began.

Pastor Soto and Pastor Griffin both spoke Monday night.  I very much enjoyed participating in the song time with Josh and Jenny.  Thank you to Megan who worked one of the services for me Monday night so I could hear some preaching - as well as cleaned up the Fellowship Hall!  There are many things that often fall on the pastor's wife by default - and we do them without a second thought.  However, when someone takes note and volunteers to take a duty, it means so very much.  So very much.  Thank you.



The Soto family was so sweet and the girls loved getting to know their kids!  They went the extra mile and bought them all gifts.  Summer still has her card sitting on her school desk and we won't even go on about the singing Elsa doll! :) 
So sweet this family!




Tuesday was a second day of school.  I spent the morning cleaning and setting up again for our last evening of revival.  That evening, the ladies made enchiladas and we served them with salad, chips and salsa and cookies.  Pastor Griffin closed the revival.  I worked in the nursery with the little ones after praise and worship time.  Thank you to Shannon who worked the nursery so I could sing.

Wednesday, we did school/babysitting.  I recorded a podcast in the morning for the radio while my husband took Pastor Griffin to the airport.  I then went to the United Blood Services to give blood.
Just a beautiful fall day!


Cold nights and cool days.  


I received a nice t-shirt for donating - yay Nevada donors!



My husband and I had a meeting with our children's pastor  and then leftover lasagna for dinner.


Side note:  Dogs are weird.  :)

Thursday, school, babysitting, clean the church (again  LOL!), take my husband to the airport.  
We finally finished school and cleaning about 1:30...loaded up the van to leave and the battery was dead.  So we borrowed the church van to get us all home!  Thankfully, it was just a dead battery and Adam was able to jump me later that night.
I then was back to work with my Senior Helpers job - with a former client.  My new schedule is Thursdays and Fridays - 9pm-9am.  I was a little apprehensive going back after having a break but it all went well.

Friday was much of the same - school, babysitting, errands and then back for another night shift with Senior Helpers.

Saturday, I got home and enjoyed some coffee.  Showered then off to a little outing with the girls - library, Wal-Mart and lunch at Steak and Shake.


At 5pm, the girls and I went to the Discovery Museum.  They offered trick or treating as well as enjoying the museum.  We really enjoyed the new displays on the human body - very interesting!  I then dropped the girls off at home to get their showers and I went to the airport to pick up my husband.  Dropped him off at home and then off to an 8 hour shift from 10pm-6am Saturday night.


The night lights of Reno...


Sunday was cool enough to enjoy tights and plaid!  


We enjoyed a delicious lunch of spaghetti from Miss Dora and then I took a nap.  Ahh!


That evening, the teens did the service.  Our daughter, Addie, played the piano for the service.  I was very proud of her - not because of her performance but for her hard work she put into practicing for many weeks.  Use your talents for the Lord!

Thank you to Reagan Musser for my treats to enjoy in the nursery Sunday night!

I hope you had a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment