Monday, February 20, 2017

My Week: February 12-18


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV. 


Sunday, Sunday.  Not exactly what my Sundays are like but I love the Sundays on the Andy Griffith show.  LOL!  Sitting on the porch. :)

Up early for my devotions and coffee, shower and ready for the day and make a chicken-broccoli-stuffing casserole for lunch.  (I actually slacked on going grocery shopping - I just couldn't bring myself to get there!  LOL!  So Saturday night, I looked to see what I had on hand - just the ingredients for my favorite casserole.  :)  You can find the recipe HERE.  
I baked it and then kept it on the lowest setting in the oven to keep warm during services.



Some favorite treats from my favorite little men - Grant and Aaron. :)  Yum!
Worked the nursery for the 8:30am service. 
Sang for praise and worship.
Enjoyed my husband's sermon in the second service - "Taking Out the Trash" on marriage.
Home for lunch and then back at 2pm for a wedding at our church.


Ran a few errands before the evening service.
CVS - Had Extra Bucks that I had to use that day before they expired.
ATM - To make some deposits and get out cash for report cards.
Wal-Mart - For a few items (I forgot coffee filters!)
Dollar General - For coffee filters!  LOL!
Home and then off to the evening service.
It was Awana Award Night and then off to work the nursery.

Meatball subs for after night church and then off to work. :)


Monday - off at 8am.  Home for school and housework.  I really concentrated on a lot of church related tasks that I needed to get done!


I have been using the pre-made menus from the website I subscribed to for my meal planning. :)  This is one of the meals for this week's menu - Tuna Alfredo Casserole.
So easy, cheap and pretty tasty. :)

Tuna Alfredo Casserole
3 cups penne pasta
1 - 16 oz. jar alfredo sauce
3 tbsp. milk
2 cans tuna - drained
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Cook pasta according to directions.  Mix in sauce, milk, tuna and seasoning.  Transfer to a greased baking dish - sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 10-15 minutes.


Going to work that night...no more crack in the windshield!  We paid to get it fixed that day.  Check that off the list.


Tuesday - Happy Valentine's Day!  Off work at 8am.


Decided to get a little Valentine's treat for the family. :)


It was a little chilly but we enjoyed sitting on the deck in the sunshine!  We worked on school, grading and homework.  Blue skies...snow-capped mountain...American flag.  
So pretty!


This little chic - always with her dresses, jewelry and more.  LOL!


Max made his way out as well.  LOL!


The hubby stopped in halfway through the day and dropped off a Valentine's Day gift. :)


Then off to swimming lessons.  Sierra is behind the pole on the left and Autumn is behind the flag on the right in the green/blue.  LOL!


For dinner, the girls made this kielbasa/mac and cheese casserole.


They also made cream cheese lemon bars.
Then it was off to work for my Tuesday shift.


Wednesday, school.  There's that dog again.  LOL!


Made garlic brown sugar chicken.  Along with rice and squash.
Pick up teen girls and take to youth group at the Traynors.
Gym - workout.
Off to work.


Thursday morning - off at 8am.  Enjoyed a pretty rainbow on the way home.


We live in such a pretty area. :)


Swimming lessons in the afternoon - worked on my study guide for my Retire Inspired book.  Have I mentioned I have loved this book?  I have!!

When we got home, the girls and I made dinner and I listened to my FB Live book study with Chris Hogan.  My husband and I both listen to it - he listens at the office and I listen to it at home and then we talk about it when we are together.


We had blueberry pancakes and bacon for dinner.  I was cracking up - my daughter says, "Did you just not plan anything for dinner and this is what we had?"  Ha!!!  I said, "No, I planned this!"  LOL!  Then my husband comes home and says, "Pancakes for dinner?"  I said, "Why is everyone making a big deal about this?"  He said, "It is just out of the ordinary."  LOL!  I guess I haven't had breakfast for dinner in a VERY long time.  Ha!



I like Fridays.  It is the one day of the week where I am actually home in the morning and I can get that early start that I like for my morning and my day.  It was a cold and gloomy day so of course, I had my lamps on and candles lit. :)


Worked a good part of the day on school.


And guess what?  Snow!  Just do me a favor and scroll back up this post and look at us sitting on the deck.  Ha!!  Gotta love the crazy weather.


Pick up the teen girls and drop off at the Traynor home for a girls' activity.
Gym for a workout.
Visit Tom at the hospital.
Then home!


Never mind that I just came back from working out at the gym and then we have this for dinner.  Ha!  Hey, you can't be perfect.  


Saturday, worked on folders for school - last grading period!  The end is near.  LOL!
And worked on a lot of church stuff.  It is nice to accomplish those little details.


Sierra went kayaking with the hubby so I took Autumn on a date.  We split a burrito at Qdoba. :)


On our way back, we went by Silver Lake where they were kayaking.






It was fun to watch them - they had so much fun. :)


For dinner, we threw together taco and cheese croissants.  :)  With a side salad.

I hope you had a good week and you stop by again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment