Monday, February 6, 2017

My Week: January 29 - February 6


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV.  


Sunday was a special day for me.  As I shared in a previous post, I completed a challenge of reading through the Bible in one month.  It was a wonderful challenge and one I am very glad I did!

Then it was get ready and off for church.  Nursery for the first service and worship for the second service.  After the second service, we had the annual budget meeting.  


The girls had some friends come over for the afternoon.


I made a new recipe - Spicy Chicken Nachos.  I thought they were really good and an easy Sunday lunch meal.


This was Addie and Melissa working on a song together.


I did some blogging in the afternoon after lunch and dishes.  Then back to church and work the nursery for the evening service.  After church, Summer and I lay on the bed and chatted.  She seemed to be sad that I had to go to work so I knew she needed a little talk time.
Then it was off for my Sunday night shift.


Monday - off at 8am.  Stopped at Wal-Mart for a couple items.  The view of the Peterson Range was just beautiful from up there!


When I got home, I found Autumn like this.  LOL!  Poor girl had quite the weekend.


Of course, Belle was in her sunny spot soaking up the pretty morning.
I worked on school with the girls in the morning hours.


I am trying some new ideas for lunches and stuff.  This is the one I made for Monday's lunch.
Waffle Apple-Wich

two toasted waffles
two slices of deli ham
one slice American cheese
apple slices

Everyone said they loved them so I will be marking this one as a favorite for our Lunch Menu!  
For my husband, I added a fried egg.  He loves eggs.


Sierra made apple sailboats for everyone as well. :)

After lunch, we all took Max on a family walk.  The sun was out - it was chilly but nice to get out for fresh air and time together.

The girls then finished their homework and piano while I checked my e-mail and started dinner.



The girls and I put these together for dinner.  We stuffed beef hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, onions, cheese and sauerkraut.  Wrapped them with bacon and grilled them on the grill.  Tasty and fun!


It was a quick scarfing down of dinner and then it was off to the gym for our Monday workout.  We did a FitCycle class - whew!  That is quite the workout!

Then I was off to my Monday night shift.
At work, I finished up my study sheets for my Retire Inspired class through chapter six.  Such good material and very informative and helpful!


Tuesday morning, I was debating on what to do next for my devotion time.  While I enjoy the devotionals on topics, the actual reading of the Bible included is so minimal.  So I am doing the Psalms and Proverbs in one month plan on the You Version app for February.  This is a favorite verse of mine from today's reading.


After work, I did my plasma donation.  I am seriously debating on continuing with donating.  For the fact I get off at 8am and I am not getting home until 10:45am - nearly 11am.  I almost can't justify the time it is taking.  They really need to increase their staff in order to decrease the wait time.


Then worked on school - yay!  The last day of January.  
One more day closer to completing this school year.


I tried another new recipe - Sausage Gravy Bake.  It was good - I definitely think it could use more eggs though than what the recipe calls for.

At 4pm, we had a staff meeting at church planning out some upcoming events.
Meeting was done at 6pm.  I checked my e-mail, paid our health insurance premium and registered the girls for spring softball.  Addie will be in 14U, Autumn in 12U and Summer in her last year of t-ball.

Then it was running off to work for that night!

Wednesday, off at 8am.  Stop at the church for 45 minutes to talk with the hubby.  



Then home for school and some brunch. 
Piano lessons 1-2:30pm.


For dinner, we tried a new recipe - Ham and Swiss Sliders.  They were so good!  I will share this recipe soon - as well as a turkey slider that Jenny gave me as well.  Sliders are so great with little kids.
This recipe you can make ahead of time and then bake when ready which is a plus!  This would be a great Sunday lunch.  Have a pot of soup ready in the crock pot and these sliders ready to throw in the oven and wa-lah!



I didn't do the poppyseed topping this time around but will next.  I served fresh orange slices with them.

Again, off running after dinner!  LOL!  Pick up the Bialys.  Drop off at Youth Group.  Workout at the gym with the hubby.
Then off for my Wednesday night shift.


Thursday morning, off at 8am.  I headed to the plasma center.  When I walked in, there was a line just to sign in at the kiosk and the waiting room was full.  I walked right back out.  There was no way I was spending the first three hours of my day off (after 12 hours at work) waiting to donate.  They need to up their staff to keep up with the donors or they are going to lose them all.
When I got home, it was time to work on school.  The weather was blah so I lit my candles, got my cup of coffee and turned on the lights to cheer me up.  LOL!


We worked hard and even got Friday's tests and quizzes done in addition to Thursday's!  I finished all the grading and prepared for Monday's tests.  I completed the grading period for Summer as well.  Good productive day!


I thought I would share this laugh.  When studying for this history quiz, the question was - what do cowboys do when they need to soothe restless cattle on the plains?  Sierra didn't know and I said, "You know, like a mom would do to a baby that is crying."
So on the quiz, she answered, "Sing; rock them."
I died laughing imagining a cowboy trying to rock a cow to sleep.  Ha!!

For dinner, I had cooked a yummy pork roast in the crock pot - on the side...fried potatoes and corn on the cob.

Then it was off again!  I know, it seems I am always running off to the next something.  LOL!  Addie and I had praise and worship practice at 6pm.


Friday morning, one of my favorite verses in Psalms.  I love how it is worded. :)


The weather was kind of crazy Friday.  Rain.  Clouds.  Blue skies.  Windy.  A little bit of everything it seemed.


I think Belle was trying to say...don't make me face the day.  LOL!  I love this little dog.
Errands today!  
Post office to mail grades and check the church mail.
Drop off a book at the library.
ATM for cash for next month of piano lessons.
Winco for this week's groceries.
Then home.
Drop off the groceries for the girls to put away.
Went to get my hair trimmed and my eyebrows done.  I go right down the street from our house.
Then to the church to set up for the youth group's bake sale and auction this Sunday.  Spent a little time with the hubby.
Back home.  Pick up Addie.
Out to Wal-Mart!  (I know - the errands are ridiculous.  LOL!)  Pick up items for her Science Fair project and some other items I needed.
Back home!  (Not for long.  Ha!!)

Make dinner with the girls.  Chicken pot pie!  Good for a blustery day. :)




A little computer work, dinner and then off to the gym for our Friday workout with my hubby.  Shout out to my husband right now.  I have been asking him to do a Zumba class with me at the gym.  They offer it free with our membership.  He has been declining and tonight he went with me.  We looked like idiots, sweat through our clothes but had a great time.  :)  Marriage is so good when you do what the other one is interested in and you do things together.  


After our workout, we went to the hospital to visit Tom.  Tom is our neighbor - he lives across the street from us.  He also goes to our church - my husband led him to the Lord.  He has been in the hospital since the week after Labor Day in September.  He has graft -versus-host disease.  

Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) is a complication that can occur after certain stem cell or bone marrow transplants. GVHD may occur after a bone marrow, or stem cell, transplant in which someone receives bone marrow tissue or cells from a donor. This type of transplant is called allogeneic. The new, transplanted cells regard the recipient's body as foreign. When this happens, the cells attack the recipient's body.

Tom is a fighter and he is doing well.  He is able to talk now and soon he will be doing therapy to learn to walk again so he can go home.  Keep Tom in your prayers.  He really needs it.

Then it was home for a little family time.  The girls and I have been watching When Calls the Heart series on Netflix.  They have really enjoyed it!



And a snack!  Apple slices with a peanut butter and vanilla Greek yogurt.  Yummy!


What a pretty morning!


My husband and I had a brunch date at our new Peg's Glorified Eggs at their new location in the North Valleys.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I usually get their veggie omelet but they have so many amazing choices.  Ahh!  I had their smoked salmon eggs benedict....whoa mama!  It was absolutely delicious!!!  I recommend it!

Then we had to get change for the bake sale.
Then take the trailer over to Frank's house to finish up picking up the items there.  Unload at the church.  


The girls cleaned out the garage and Max and I took a walk.  It was quite the blustery day!



We are having some roof work done on the church building.  They are taking out the sky lights and fixing those areas.  We have so many leaks during rains - this is a wonderful goal to accomplish!


I got a couple chairs free to add to my deck seating.  Yay!  Great for a cup of coffee and my Bible this summer.


My FIL wanted to treat the family to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  This is a rare treat and it was nice to go out.  I got the catfish, baked potato, green beans and of course, the rolls and cactus blossom.  So good!


Then home to get ready for Sunday.  Looks like Belle is ready for bed.  I hope you had a great week too!





No comments:

Post a Comment