Monday, February 13, 2017

My Week: February 5 - 11


Happy February!  Thank you for stopping by my blog - I hope you enjoy reading about my week here in Reno, NV. :)

What a busy Sunday it was!  We have our two morning services at 8:30 and 10:30am.  
We began our new sermon series - The One - for the month of February.  Our sermon series is on marriage - one of my favorite topics.  My husband preached a great sermon - "For The Love of the Game".

The youth group also had their yearly silent auction/bake sale to raise money for teen camp registration.  I organized this event and it is a crazy and fun time!  I loved seeing the teens work and submit their own creations.  Thank you to all who bid on their items. :)

It was also the first Sunday of our Couples Retreat registration.  I said it was a busy day!  LOL!  Our retreat is in April - come and join us and strengthen your marriage with some great teaching.


It was great to see some old friends from college days - Chad and Sarah Inman.  They have been in Thailand as missionaries for the last 7 1/2 years and are back raising more support to go back to Thailand.  It was a blessing to have them visit for the day - keep them in your prayers!


After the services, I set up for the Super Bowl party.  Then headed home.  Tacos for lunch.
Made a spinach-artichoke and crab dip along with a nacho cheese dip for our Super Bowl party.  I bought a cheesecake and chocolate cookies at the silent auction for the party as well. :)  
The girls cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes while I went through the silent auction money and receipts.
Then already at 2:30pm, it was back to the church to unlock the facility for the United Blood Services bloodmobile staff and donors.  Our church hosts a blood drive twice a year - one is always on Super Bowl Sunday.  I organize this event as well.
Finish preparations for the party.


During the blood drive, I check the schedule and make sure all the donors get to their appointment on time and have everything they need.


Thank you to all the donors this drive!  

It was a fun Super Bowl party - so much food!  Wow!
Then it was off to work about 7pm.


Thank you to Tami for these beautiful flowers - I love you!


Chuck and Jeanne gave me a special treat - I appreciate their love so much!


Sue gave me some seeds for my garden - I can't wait to get back out there!  Spring come quick!


This week promises to be quite the rainy and stormy one!  Sunday night and all through Monday were high wind warnings.  Some pretty high wind gusts!  
Off at 8am.  Went straight to do a photo job way south of Reno.


Caught this beautiful rainbow while on the site. :)  See the bridge way in the distance?


Take the photos and off to home!


Rain and rainbows. :)

Had a cup of coffee and worked on school.  
Shower.
The girls and I had lunch with Papa Vern at Subway at 11:30am.  We love Papa!



Then home to finish school, laundry, computer work and make dinner.



For dinner, I made a creamy veggie and ham pasta.  It was good - don't think it will be a keeper quite yet.
Inhale dinner and off to a class at the gym at 5:30pm - Fit Cycle.  This was the second time to try this class.  Much easier than the first.  Good workout.  
Then off to my Monday night shift at work.

Tuesdays, Tuesdays.  Right now, they are just a day to get through.  LOL!
Off at 8am.
Plasma donation.  Home about 10:15am.
Drop lunch off at the church for the hubby.
School.
Shower.
Leave for swimming lessons 1:25pm.  Lessons from 2-2:45pm.  Get home 3:20pm.
Staff meeting at the church at 4pm - 6pm.
Home for a late dinner of leftover tacos.
Back to work.
Not much time to even think.  LOL!


I did get all the DVD's ready to take to UPS.  We are officially on our last set of DVD's for this school year.  

Wednesday, first accomplishment - I remembered to get the garbage can out for trash day!  LOL!  
Off at 8am.  Spending a good chunk of time on school.

Autumn made these yummys for everyone for lunch.
Little pizzas:
Whole wheat cracker
Pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Pineapple
Ham




Piano lessons from 1-2:30pm.



For dinner, I made sweet chili salmon with green beans and a side of rice.  Put it in foil and grill.  Dinner is done in no time at all!

Pick up Bialys for Youth Group and drop off.
Gym workout.
Wednesday shift at 8pm.


Thursday - more rain!  It was a week of rain and rainbows!  Can you see the rainbow through the raindrops?  
That is how life is - seeing the happy, beautiful and bright through the sad, dreary and tough. :)

Off at 8am.  Plasma donation at 8:15am.  Home at 10:40am.


My sweet Autumn made me lunch.  
School and housework.


Was it ever raining going to swimming lessons!


I did some reading and Summer colored while Autumn and Sierra had their lesson.
Then back home to actually be home!  LOL!  It has been awhile since I had a night to just be home and stay home.  Yay!


Friday morning was another rainy day!  Lots of low clouds.


I enjoy the mornings that I'm home that I can get an early start on my housework and school duties!  


I love my candles, fresh flowers and lamps to warm up my home and work area on the rainy and gloomy days. :)


A neat photo of the low clouds covering the top of the mountain.


My flowers are still so pretty from Miss Tami. :)  They brightened my whole week!

Worked on school and housework in the morning.
Then off to do our taxes at the local Jackson Hewitt office down the road.  Left about 12:45pm (thinking we would be about an hour) and got back about 4:30pm!   Yikes!  
Grateful that we got them done and out of the way for this year. :)  Just another adulting day in this life.  Ha!  

We ran in - changed clothes - and left again!  LOL!  We were considering switching gyms so we wanted to try out one that is closer to home.  We went there for a workout and got home about 6:30pm.
It's funny how things add up on your plate and to do list!  Whew!  A soft taco for dinner - leftovers.
I watched a few episodes of When Calls the Heart and then off to bed.


Up early to get a few things done!  Blogging, laundry, dishes, devotions, check e-mail, bills, call dentist office and more.


The moon was gorgeous!  Wow!


And finally, the clouds have cleared and blue skies have returned! :)  At least in the early morning anyway.


The hubby wanted to go do something with the family - We did Red Robin for lunch with gift cards that we had.


Then we took a walk downtown to see the river - it was running full with the recent rains.




There were some kayakers on the river. :)



Then we went to the roller rink for an afternoon session.  Two and a half hours on skates - where's the Ben-Gay?  Lol!  Sweat like crazy - better than a workout at the gym.  
I hope you had a nice week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment