Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sabbatical - Week Three - Hope Community


The third week of my husband's sabbatical, we went to Hope Community Church.




Pastor Bill Sherman is a friend of my husband's so he wanted to attend and see their work.  Ironically, this was the second church that was teaching about Joy.






That afternoon after lunch, we drove up to Donner Lake.  It was Summer's birthday and we wanted to take advantage of the afternoon.









Love this picture of Sierra and Summer!


After our hike by the lake, we went to the Donner Museum.  This is my favorite museum in Reno - I love this period of history of our region.


The museum is so beautiful and well done.






Happy 8th birthday, Summer!



I love to read the story of the Donner party and imagine what it was like then.  What strength and tenacity!



No comments:

Post a Comment