Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Heading to Florida...

Today, Addie is leaving for her freshman year of college at Pensacola Christian College!  

She and I will be flying out at 6:15am heading to Florida.  

It is a day that parents look forward to - seeing their children become adults and head to their next season of life.  The days were long but the years short.  You can look back and remember them being born to their first day of kindergarten to getting their first job and suddenly...they are 18 and leaving.

Yes, I am having a few emotions, in the quiet times, of the sentimental memories.  It is kind of hard not to.  You had this person for 18 years.  And now it is all changing.

But I am grateful for how good God has been these 18 years.  Yes, there has been the rough patches.  But as the line in the song goes..."I have lived in the goodness of God."  That's my thought.  We have lived in the goodness of God these last 18 years.  And thankfully, we have more to go!

I can't wait to see how God works in my daughter's life these next four years at PCC.  It is my prayer and desire for her life.  Living in the goodness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment