Friday, February 3, 2023

Out of Town to Florida!

This past week/weekend, Eric took a trip to Florida work related.  He flew out Wednesday night on a red-eye and got there Thursday morning.  He will come back Sunday evening around 10pm.
Thursday, I did all the laundry and a lot of housework.  Took Sierra and Kylee back and forth to their jobs.  Rachel's car was in the shop.  Did a few errands here in Newberg-library, bank, Fred Meyer.
Made creamy beef stroganoff for dinner.
Sometimes it's nice to have low lights, candles, and music...and just enjoy the ambiance.  And hope the house stays clean long enough to enjoy it. :)


Friday, I worked from 8-12pm.  Autumn and Sierra were off work that day.  All did school.  I made tomato soup and grilled cheese on sourdough for dinner.  Autumn did date night childcare that evening from 6-9:45pm.  Sierra, Summer, and I watched part of Anne of Green Gables.  I also made a new dessert to me - Cherry Lush.  It was very good and will be using this recipe again.  We enjoyed it with the movie.




In the Oregon winters, I always have to take photos of the sunshine when we get it.



Our favorite!  Anne of Green Gables.


Ricky (our friend in Florida) sent these photos to me.  It is Eric up in the tree house with their daughter, Ava.




Just a normal Saturday here in the Tastet house.



New series that I really enjoyed.  A little mystery in the Amish town.


Made vegetable beef soup and grilled cheese on sourdough for dinner Saturday night.


Blessed to have a perfectly clear day Sunday.  But oh, was it cold!



The girls go early on Sunday for their teen meeting - Jesus and Donuts.  So I had to walk by myself to church since Eric wasn't there.  Sunny but freezing!


After church, Autumn and Summer did childcare for a leadership training that the church had.  Sierra and I waited until they were done.  My mom had given us money for pizza but I thought it would be fun to go out for lunch instead.  We decided to do a place here called Burgerville.  It was ok.  The burgers are very dry and nothing special.  But we had fun (since we rarely eat out) just talking, eating, and laughing.



That evening the girls went to Youth Group from 6-8pm.  We had our traditional Sunday night pizza rolls and then I had to leave for the airport to pick up Eric.
On the way home, Autumn called.  She said she had fallen asleep and woke up throwing up all over her bed.  Fun times.  It was a long night coming home and getting that cleaned up.
And that's a wrap on the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment