Wednesday, April 12, 2023

My Trip to Florida-Part 1

Goodbye to Portland and rainy, cold Oregon!  On Tuesday, April 4th, I flew to Jacksonville, FL to look at homes and the area where we will be moving to.  I stayed with our friends, Ricky and Brandie Martin.




Nothing like seeing the sunrise from the air.







I love the sunshine coming in!






I'm telling ya, I was very fine with trading weather forecasts for three days!



One of their little dogs loved me.


I got there on Tuesday and Brandie made us dinner - salmon, risotto and asparagus.
Wednesday, I spent all day from 9:30am to dinner looking at neighborhoods and house tours.  Exhausting.


Wednesday, they have Awana, youth group, and Bible studies.  This is the youth center.


Isn't it pretty?  This is actually their river.





This is one of the bridges that go over the river.  It is over three miles wide!

Thursday, our realtor, Angela and I spent from 9am until dinner house viewings and showing me all the cities and neighborhoods.  We had a delicious lunch at a little hole-in-the-wall in Green Cove Springs called Roger That.


That evening, we went to the local county fair - Clay County Fair.  It felt so weird to be at the fair in early April!  I mean it's in the 40's at home.  It felt like summer!  I enjoyed walking around, seeing the animals, and smelling the food.









I was sad to find out of all those food trucks, I couldn't find any garlic fries or mushrooms.  I settled on a pretzel.


This reminded me of Aunt Bea and the pickle story on The Andy Griffith Show.







No comments:

Post a Comment