Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


It is amazing how a missing or loose screw can totally mess up a perfectly good useful tool.

Two illustrations that I experienced...

Once, I had to purchase a new vacuum for our church building.  I assembled it according to the directions...minus one.  I needed to insert ONE small screw into the vacuum handle to attach the two main pieces together.  However, I had no screwdriver. :/  So, I made due and vacuumed the church auditorium...as the vacuum cleaner consistently came apart.  LOL!

Week 2...went to clean the church.  Forgot a screwdriver.  Vacuumed the church auditorium...as the vacuum cleaner consistently came apart.  Sigh.

Week 3...received a text from Bro. Shaun asking if there was something wrong with the new vacuum cleaner.  You would think I would have had it together after three weeks!  Good grief!

Week 4...Went to Wal-Mart.  Bought a screwdriver.  Put in the ONE screw into the vacuum.  It worked perfectly.

One screw.

Awhile back, the back screen door would not shut.  My husband's first response (Don't judge him - he tends to think that the minute something doesn't work - you need to buy a new one.  :)  I love him although he has a mechanical bypass that he likes to claim.  LOL!)

I went and looked at the door, saw that the screws had come loose at the top hinge.  We took my handy dandy screwdriver, screwed the three screws back in tight, and the door works like a charm!

In fact, in the many years that we have owned this house, the screen door has always been so loud.  It would stick when you opened and closed it.  And because it stuck, it made a loud, creaky noise.  I just thought the door was old.  And here all these years (how pitiful, isn't it? :)...it was loose screws in the hinges.  It made the door sag and thus stick.

Three little loose screws.

Yep, those little things are mighty important.  They are the "glue" that holds a very useful and important tool together and makes them work right.  I now have a  working screen door and a vacuum because of those little screws.

Sometimes I feel like that little screw in my positions in life.  A wife...a mother...a pastor's wife...a home school teacher.  I may wonder if what I do on a daily basis has any importance or impact to anyone. 

Just remember that you are the "glue" that holds your family together.  You are needed and you are important!  Never forget it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment