Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Week


Monday, Labor Day, I coerced my husband into doing a yard project that needed done.  (To be fair, he had been complaining about it forever...I just put it in motion!  Ha!)


We put this retaining wall and landscaping in a few years ago.  As you can see, the dirt and debris had blown in between the rocks making it a mess.  This is all the dirt on top of the plastic!


Away with the old plastic...raked it and ready to put down the new!


That's my husband. :)


And our neighbor kid that we have gotten to know the past month.  He came by and offered to mow our lawn for $3.  He comes every two weeks.  He saw us working and spent a couple hours helping us.  14 years old and a great kid.


While they worked on the front, I added a few mum plants and more soil and new bark to my front beds.


All done!  We add mulch around our lilac bushes.  The summer heat with the rocks seem to burn them so we hope this will help.  New plastic down and all rocks back in place.



We have done so much over the past seven years together on this home.  We enjoy working together!
Then we collapsed for the evening. :)  Ha!

Tuesday, back to school and work.  The couple I babysit for gave me this case of Vitamin Waters.  If you want to show me you love me...give me a Tropical Citrus Vitamin Water.  Ha!  Truth.


And Megan, the other lady I babysit for, gave us some watermelon cupcakes.  They really did smell like watermelon!


I spent some time helping my husband make some sermon CD's that one of our church ladies send out each month.  I printed some bulletins...cleaned the church...whatever needs done.


And held this little guy who three times this week fell asleep on me like this. :)


Then enjoyed the beautiful sunset at softball practice.


A beautiful late summer night under the lights.


Wednesday, another day of school, babysitting, church work, administrative meeting, teen group. 

Thursday after school, we had to run a few errands.  We used our Jack in the Box coupons for some free tacos.


Then you guessed it!  Back at the ball field for more practice.  However, the sunset was worth sitting there for two hours. :)


And, I am never without my little buddy.  This is Summer.


Friday, I did more cleaning at the church.  New sermon series posters are up.  New mission letters are also up.  There are so many little details to church!  It is insane.  LOL!



After school, we took my husband and daughter to the airport.  He is preaching a family conference in North Carolina right now.  Autumn went with him.  We dropped them off and I finally made it out to the real world and to Hobby Lobby.  LOL!  I honestly don't have enough want to - to go out and shop about 98% of my life.  But with the week done and already in town, I felt the gumption.  LOL!  And I have missed Hobby Lobby!
I saw this sign - the color doesn't match my decor but I LOVE the saying!!


And then...a much needed car wash, vacuum and cleaning for my lovely van!  Ah...that feels so good.


Then we stopped for a little treat at Burger King.



I am a no-clutter in my house type of person.  My husband likes to come in from work and set his wallet, key, etc. down on my buffet.  It kind of - just a little bit - drives me crazy.  LOL!  I found this little basket 50% off at Hobby Lobby - $5!  Now he can have his items handy but out of sight.


My swing pillow was also coming apart so I found these pillow covers for $3.50 each for my swing.



Saturday's events will be a separate post!  :)  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a busy but fullfilled kindvof week. Making yr corn chowder tonight. Mrs m

    ReplyDelete