Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

The other day, I thought we were going to run out of milk so I picked up another gallon at Wal-Mart when I was there.  I got home to put it away and realized we still had a full gallon there in the fridge.  I had what I needed all the time - just didn't realize it.


Isn't that the way it is sometimes?  God has already given us what we need - sometimes we don't realize it.  Sometimes, I don't feel good enough to do the "job" that He has given me to do.  I don't feel smart like women in the business field.  I don't feel young and beautiful like women on TV.  I don't feel like I even fit the part of pastor's wife - I'm not a good people person!

Then I take a step back and realize - God has given me everything I need to do the job He wants me to.  And even in those times I feel inadequate, that's ok.  He fills in the gaps for me.

Like the end of this story.  A person in our church posted on FB - did anyone have any milk to get them through the night?  I did ironically and I happened to be going right by their home to deliver a meal to another family.  You see, even when YOU feel like you don't have what you need to help someone else, God sees to it you do.  God knew someone needed milk - but oddly enough, He didn't give it to them.  He gave it to me.  To give to them.  I have goosebumps right now.  You see, God not only wants to give you what you need - He wants to use you to give to others what they need.

And it is not just a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread.  It could be a word of encouragement.  A hug.  A listening ear.  God wants to use us to minister to others.  He wants us to know that even though we are not perfect - we are still usable.


So today's challenge is:  In what way does God want to use you today?  
Let Him use you as a vessel to minister to others in ways big and small.  


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment