Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

Today’s challenge is more for me than anyone out there listening.  We all have things in our lives that are “giants” to us.  Perhaps to another person – it would be no big deal.  To us, they are huge!  I don’t know what your giant is but I will share what mine is – anxiety.  Anxiety is a huge giant in my life.  Anxiety seems to creep up and overtake me like nothing else in my life.  Depending on the situation, it will leave me literally sick and not able to breathe.  

I was reading and this statement caught my attention – “The key to overcoming anxiety is to get your thinking right about God”.  Say what?  You may say…but my anxiety is caused by my spouse…my job…my financial situation…my children…my health.  You fill in the blank.  So what does that have to do with getting my thinking right about God?

Because if we really realized that God has absolute control over every aspect of His creation, we would be able to fully give our giants to Him and our anxiety would go with it.

What should we be doing?  Begin each day with a declaration of victory over the specific giants in your life.  Think through those temptations you are going to face.  I know that certain things and times trigger anxiety in my life.  I will come to those times and I will be tempted to let anxiety take over me.  By claiming victory in the morning and throughout the day, I will be able to experience victory through Christ!  
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”  I John 5:4

So today’s challenge is for me and for you too!  Begin tomorrow morning on your knees.  Claim victory over that giant in your life that is taking over!

Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment