Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Week


The last week of October was beautiful weather-wise. :)  On Monday, school and babysitting.  I helped the girls write their thank you notes for their birthdays and then cleaned the church building.  That was the majority of my day. :)  


Since usually on Mondays, my husband is out of his office...I stole a minute to put my feet up after all the cleaning. :)  And it is a nice quiet spot.  Ha!


For dinner, I threw together smoked sausage and fried potatoes with sauerkraut on the side.  Everyone said how much they enjoyed it. :)


This is my favorite seasoning.  Yum!  It really works well for lots of dishes.

Tuesday was school and babysitting as normal.  I worked with my husband on the bulletin for Sunday - got those printed and folded as well as putting together more visitor packets.  I also worked on Kid City curriculum and updated my blog.  Then it was off to the doctor office for flu shots for Addie and Summer.  We also did a few errands as well.
We also had a new windshield installed in our car.  It had a crack that kept spreading slowly so we decided to get that taken care of.


Belle enjoys her naps especially on sunny afternoons. :)


After Reagan left, my husband and I had a date to Bordertown for chef salads.  I love dates. :)
Sierra worked on her creation poster for her Awana section while we were gone.  Good job, Sierra!



Wednesday - can you guess?  School and babysitting.  Ha!  I worked on some grading.  Then it was piano lessons from 1-2:30pm.  Then we took the girls to trick or treat at the strip mall in Golden Valley.  We were joined by the Traynors and the Mussers.  




Thursday, I dropped the girls off to school with my husband and Reagan and I went grocery shopping to Winco.  I finally found a ceramic travel mug to replace my leaky one. :)


I then did some visits for the church with Shannon.  The girls and my husband went to the Ruby's for the Thursday night football game.  I had to work so I stayed back.  I went to Taylor's last volleyball game with Megan and Reagan - then we had a quick dinner at Wendy's.  


Got my new Taste of Home magazine in the mail - I love these magazines!

Then it was off for my shift for Senior Helpers - 9pm-9am.

Friday, after school and babysitting, the girls worked on decorating their pumpkin for the Harvest Party. 
Sierra did a French painter - I thought that was such a cute idea!  She did it all by herself and I just loved it!


Summer, of course, had to do a princess pumpkin!


Sierra also completed her creation poster - she had to have a posterboard for it. :)


Off to my shift for Senior Helpers - 9pm-9am.  I took this photo on the way home from my client's home - beautiful fog over the valley.  Do you see the buildings downtown?


When I got home, it was a must for coffee.  LOL!  Shower and get ready for the day.  Then preparations for the Harvest Party.  I made fresh veggie pizza and gumbo meatballs.  Then make the hot cocoa.  Most of all the items were loaded up.


We got to the park about 2:30pm to set up.  It was a beautiful day in the 70's, sunny and warm.  Colors in full bloom.  The river was just amazing!








Addie did SVBC for her pumpkin - it was so windy though we couldn't keep the candles lit to see through.



Autumn's Santa pumpkin won for the children's decorating contest. :)


After an enjoyable time at the park, we took the girls trick or treating with Reagan Allen.


Tiring day but good times. :)
Sunday dawned very windy - a sign that a storm was coming in for sure!  

Our family was given a gift card to Dickey's for lunch and we enjoyed it immensely!  Yum and yum!


And Miss Kathy made some homemade blackberry jam and gave us a jar!  Amazing!


Tumbleweeds on the porch...you know it was windy!


And by the evening, the storm came in.  Rain at first and then snow!


It rained all night and eventually turned to snow.  Good ending in the desert to the week. :)

I hope you had a blessed week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment