Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Week

Monday dawned not so bright and clear here in Reno. :)  The skies were dark indicating a storm on the horizon for sure!


Monday was babysitting and school as normal.  I went to Winco early to make sure I got back home before it began.  


After we got home from school, the snow did begin to fall.  It was nice to stay inside and watch!  I was able to catch up on home to-do's as well as make my Christmas Amazon order.  Yay!
The last couple years, I have really utilized online shopping for Christmas.  It works beautifully!  Same prices as stores...no driving from place to place in the cold...free shipping to my door.  Yes!  I was able to complete my Christmas list for my nephews and nieces who are coming to Reno this Christmas as well as for my kids.  Check, check, check!


The snow really fell overnight.  It was a pretty heavy storm precipitation-wise.  


As you can see, lots of snow!  As a result of the snow, it did knock out power at the church.  So we took a "snow day" from school!  I have to say...I LOVED being at home - just getting things done.  It was just so nice!  I wrote some podcasts...put together the December curriculum for Kid City.


The sun came out and it was just a beautiful day to enjoy!


When I took the girls to piano lessons, I took this beautiful photo.  Fall and winter together here in Reno. :)


It was a perfect day to make some beef vegetable soup.  MMM!


Even though it was a snowy day, the hubby and I went out for our weekly date that night.  How I love those dates!  We went to the mall and passed by Cinnabon...I couldn't resist that smell!  Oh my!


Wednesday started off VERY cold!  Brr!


Another good day for soup - cream cheese potato soup!


Because of the holiday - Veteran's Day - I did not have Reagan or Aaron.  I did watch the three Traynor boys while Shannon drove a teen girl to College Days in Lancaster, CA.  We did our regular day of school.  I cleaned the church building.  After school, we went to Saver's for their holiday 50% off sale (Saver's is a thrift store).  We found some items and then back home for mac and cheese with hot dogs for dinner.  I then had a meeting for youth staff at 5pm.  My daughter and husband did Youth Group at 6pm.

Thursday morning, I dropped off my crew at the school early to start.  I then took Thomas and James to school then back to our school.  It was a busy day with three extra little ones.

We got some presents in so Autumn went right away to wrap them!  LOL!  


Then it was off to my Thursday shift for Senior Helpers- 9pm-9am.
In the morning, I got a text from my husband that the van wouldn't start.  He and Josh took out the battery and went to get a new one.  We went ahead to school in the car.
After the van was done, I was able to go to the chiropractor and tanning.  Then to Jiffy Lube for an oil change, gas station for gas and to vacuum the van, Frosty's as Wendy's for our Friday treat, Wal-Mart for some needed items.  
 

Then home to finish laundry and pack!  My husband and daughter took off for the youth activity - Game Night and Pizza.  Then off to work.  No nap.  Boo!  

After I got off work at 9am, my husband and I left for Red Bluff, CA.  We were invited by friends, Jeff and Kim Eldred, to come and speak at their church for the weekend.


Much of the drive was simply gorgeous!  It is hard to see but the fall colors of the trees...the evergreens...the snow-capped mountains...just beautiful!



We arrived in Cottonwood and met Jeff and Kim at their home.  They took us to a small hike with these views.  Beautiful!


This is Mount Shasta!




Wouldn't you want to sit here for awhile? :)


They took us to the hotel - beautiful!  We enjoyed the goodie basket that they made for us. :)



Yes, this says it all. :)


They had a meeting with the adults of their church in a local Mexican restaurant.  We enjoyed a yummy dinner and my husband spoke.


In the morning, we woke up to very heavy rain!  Pouring!


We enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel and then we were off to church.




Our experience at Gateway Baptist Church reminded me very much of my home church.  In many, many ways.  My husband taught Sunday School and then preached their morning service.  The people of the church were so kind and we enjoyed our visit there!

After church, we enjoyed lunch in this upscale little sandwich shop on the square.


We just loved these awesome posters!



I had the most awesome Monte Cristo sandwich with a raspberry sauce and a pesto pasta salad.  Divine!


Isn't this courthouse beautiful?  Love old towns in the United States.


Then we headed down to Sacramento.  It was cleared out from the rain.  Nice!
I dropped off my husband at the Sacramento airport and I headed home.  This is what I hit going over the pass.



 It was a slow go.  They stopped everyone to chain up to go over the pass.  Again, always grateful we have AWD!  It was a little hairy but I made it! :)

Home sweet home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment