Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)



The other day, I had left my wallet in my husband’s car and I needed it to run an errand.  I stopped by the church and he wasn’t there.  I called and he didn’t answer.  So I went on that app called Find Your Friends and I saw he was just around the corner making a visit with one of the ladies who recently had surgery.  So I stopped by there, grabbed my wallet, texted him never mind – I got what I needed, and then drove away.  I barely made it to the stop sign when he called me.  He said, “Ummm, is that you driving away?”  I told him the story of needing my wallet and I saw he was right around the corner so I grabbed it.

He replies, “That’s scary!”  I said, “What’s scary?”  He said, “The government could be tracking all of us right now through that app!”  I started laughing and said he was acting like his dad creating a conspiracy theory!  Later on, I got thinking about that.

Why is it that we aren’t afraid to be “tracked” by the Lord?  What I mean is this…think back on every single place you went today or even this week?  Would you want the Lord to know you were there?  What about what you watched on TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime or even just on your personal computer?  Were those shows pleasing to the Lord?  Do they contain nudity, vulgarity or even just comedic innuendos?  Would you be able to sit and watch those shows if God was sitting with you?  What about your thoughts?  That’s a tough one.  They are harder to control than anything you watch or go.

So how about it today?  Is there something you need to change in your life?  Why?  God is watching you know.  Sometimes, it is so easy to forget that.

So today’s challenge is:  Take careful thought on what you do, what you watch and what you think this week.  Your Savior is right there with you everywhere you go.


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment