Monday, July 18, 2016

My Week: June 10-16


Thank you for stopping by my blog this week!  Here is a little recap on my life this week.  I hope you enjoy and come back soon!


Sunday was a very busy day!  Choir practice, little details to finish, teach a children's class in Kid City.  The lesson was on the Twelve Spies.  We had a story intertwined with a puzzle with various words in the story.  We learned a new song - Twelve Men Went to Spy on Canaan.  We had a coloring contest as well as a crossword puzzle.  Chocolate chip cookies for a snack. :)

Above is a gift from my secret sister. :)  My favorite drink, snack and magazine!

Then it was straight to our JOY Luncheon.  JOY stands for Just Older Youth - ages 55 and older.  We meet every other month on a Sunday afternoon for lunch.

After the lunch, I worked on details for teen camp.  Then back to church for the evening service.  I am in the nursery Sunday nights.


After church, off to work for an 8pm-8am shift.


Monday morning, off work at 8am.  Gave Belle a bath - she was getting pretty grungy.  Then water my garden.
Then I went to clean the church for the week while my husband fixed the girls' bikes and then take them roller skating.  Roller Kingdom, our skating rink, has summer hours from 1-4pm for $5 a person. A nice activity for the girls and my husband. :)
The church took me several hours to complete. 
Home and BBQ chicken with ranch pasta salad for dinner.

Back to work for a 8pm-8am shift.


Tuesday, off at 8am.  I enjoyed breakfast made by Addie. :)
Watered garden, housework, laundry.  Chiropractor visit.  Lunches at the park.
Dinner was tater-topped sausage egg bake.  We love this casserole.  So easy.  You can substitute ground beef for the sausage.
Then off to work for 8pm-8am shift.


Wednesday morning, I got off at 8am.  Straight to Winco to do my grocery shopping.  Home for shower and water my garden.  Drop off girls for piano lessons.  Pick up my FIL @ noon to take him to have an endoscopy at the VA Hospital.  We dropped him off and Summer and I took off.

First stop was McDonald's for an iced coffee for me and a vanilla milkshake for Summer. :)

Then off to Saver's for a little thrift store shopping.  I found a top and swim trunks for me for swimming, two jackets and a swim suit for Addie.  Not much but all needed!


JoAnn's to get a gift card and Staples for school supply deals.  We got most what we will need for the year.  We will probably hit a few more sales though.


Anyone that knows me knows I love one subject notebooks!  I use them for my to do lists, grocery lists, menus, anything I need to remember.  I always buy a ton when they go on sale for $.17 and they last for the year.

My FIL's appointment took all afternoon.  We didn't leave the hospital until almost five.

After getting home, Addie made spaghetti for them and my husband and I had a date at Bordertown.  I had a yummy chef salad - I just love going there. :)

Addie had Youth Group at 6pm.

Then home - a little America's Got Talent as a family then bed!


My tomato plants are just nuts!!!



Yay!! First pumpkin!


Thursday morning - downtown to have our staff photo taken.  Then off to do my plasma donation.
Home to make fajitas for dinner.


Lunches at the park.  Addie went mini golfing with Shannon and a few teen girls.  I took Autumn, Sierra and Summer to the pool.  Hot 98 degree day - the water was so nice!



After swimming, dinner, a little blogging and then off to my last 8pm-8am shift for the week.



When I got to my shift, I found my client had gone to the hospital and the current caregiver was at the apartment with their dog.  I stayed for two hours until the wife came for the dog and then left at 10pm for home.  It was kind of nice to have an unexpected night off! :)

Friday was busy with preparations for one of our dinners.  We enjoy hosting dinners and having various families from the church over to our home.  Hosting a dinner is an all-day event.  Cleaning, setting up, cooking, preparations - take a good majority of time.  In June and July, we have hosted 15 different families so far.  We can't do it every Friday but have really tried to do as many as we can this summer.

This dinner, I made parmesan mayo chicken, crock pot mac and cheese (I use Paula Deen's recipe), corn on the cob and watermelon.  Melanie brought crab salad and Ashley brought her delicious cookie with cream and fruit topping.  Soda, water, coffee.  It was a great night of food and fellowship with the Moore and Martinez families. :)


Normally, I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into smaller portions.  This time I used the thighs and they worked perfect - just the right size! :)


I will share my recipe for this coming up soon on my blog. 

Saturday was another busy day!  I went at 8am to do my second plasma donation for the week.  There was quite the line but they got us through fairly quickly.  A decent donation takes about 1 1/2 hours.  
After my donation, I went to the chiropractor.  I really needed a second donation this week.   Then Wal-Mart to get cupcake ingredients.

As soon as I walked in the door at home, my husband was ready to leave.  So back out I went!  We made a visit to the hospital to Miss Pam - Papa Vern's daughter.  She had surgery Friday.

Then off to a birthday party for one of the teen boys from our church - Elijah Borden.  

Then home to make cupcakes for the New Members Fellowship, change and off to a wedding.


The wedding was Chris and Abbie Bialy.  Of course, I got the best job - holding little Aaron! :)






Autumn, Addie, Aaron and their friend, Melissa


Summer and her friend, Reagan


The reception was held at our church building.
They had a delicious meal of carne asada, rice, green beans, chips, salsa, guacamole and fresh fruit salad.  Mmm!


After the reception, we helped to tear down, clean and set back up for the service the next morning.


Home about 8:30pm.  Finished getting ready for Sunday.  Put this meat we were given into the freezer and off to sleep!

I hope you had a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this week. I'm looking forward to the chicken recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this week. I'm looking forward to the chicken recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Rebekah �� I truly enjoyed �� your sharing of yourself. Thank you.
    Sue K.

    ReplyDelete