Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


The other day, I was at Home Depot and it never fails – I can’t leave that place without visiting the garden department!  I want to just buy everything in there!

Well, my marigolds were beginning to die in some of my pots on my deck and I wanted to replace them.  I found the most beautiful grouping of flowers called gazanias.  I bought them and brought them home and planted them in my flower pots.

That evening after the sun had passed from the deck, I noticed that they had all closed up.  I was thinking, “Oh no!  First I kill my marigolds and now these!”  Well, the next day, they were open again and just beautiful!  So I decided to Google gazanias and see what the deal was.

As I researched, I found out that gazanias love the sun!  And once the sun moves and they are in the shade, they close up.  They need that sun to bloom and be beautiful like they were created to be.

I sure want to be like a gazania!  I want to be dependent on my Savior – the “Son” of God who saved and redeemed me.  I want to bloom as a Christian only when I have the “Son” shining down on me.  I think it can all be summed up in this verse…”I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  He is the one who gives us His power to do a work for Him!

So today’s challenge is:  When you are tempted to bloom in your own strength, remember you will bloom the most beautiful when you have the “Son” of God above as your source of strength!


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment