Monday, July 4, 2016

My Week: June 26 - July 2


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Every week, I share a post on my every day life. This week includes our annual Junior Camp for our ministry.  I hope you enjoy this week's post!


This week, we have had very warm temperatures.  Four days over 100 degrees.  I wanted to make sure I watered my garden before we left for church.  I have been amazed how tall my tomato plants are getting.  Waist high!


I think tomatoes are the easiest for me to grow here in Nevada.  LOL!  



We had a good day at church.  I was in the nursery for the day.  


My secret sister gave me a sweet gift!
After evening church, it was off to work - 8-8 shift.  At 8am, I got off and did a photo inspection job - 17 houses.  This is where I take photos of homes under constructions for an inspection company in California which sends them to the bank.  Whew!  Thankfully, they were pretty easy.  The weather warmed up very quickly and I was glad to get them all finished.
Then it was home to shower, upload all the photos for that job, and squeeze in housework, laundry and watering the garden in between the uploads.  At 1pm, we grabbed the free lunches at the park, picked up Lovelyn and Gabbie and were off to Davis Creek Campground.


Monday began our Junior Camp that our children's pastor and ministry hosts.  This was our second year and Shaun and Shannon did a great job with it.  The theme was Be Ye Transformed.  Hence the transformer theme!  The kids really enjoyed it.





Monday was set up and registration which I helped with.  Dinner and then Summer and I were off to go back home so I could go back for another 8-8 shift that night.


She was tuckered out!

The next day, I got off at 8am, came home to shower, water the garden and then back to camp.
In the morning, we played kickball.  The girls won and were super excited about it!














Side note - On the left is Lyberty.  She was saved last year at Junior Camp.  This year, she brought her friend on the right - Zoe.  Zoe got saved this year at camp!  Praise the Lord!



After lunch, the girls went swimming at the pool.  Then after the girls, the boys went.


While the boys swam, the girls played the bean bag toss game.


Then it was back to camp for memory verse time.  I was so proud of these kids!  They said a total of 256 verses all together.  Just to see a few of them who probably never have memorized a verse before - work hard and say three - that made me want to cry!  You can see in the photo them lined up to say their verses to me.  It was awesome!  Proud of my Autumn too - she said the most verses for camp - 46 out of the 50 verses.  Good job!


There were a lot that helped.  Thank you to Mike and Melanie for taking time off work to help and be a part.  Melanie did the same thing as me - she had to go back and forth to work but was there all the other time.


Josh is always a great blessing!  He comes down in the evenings to play his guitar for song time and lead the kids in songs.


Tuesday night was back to work for another 8-8 shift.  Wednesday, home to shower, water the garden and back to camp to help clean and pack up.  Drop kids off, drop the trailer off and then home!  Not for long.  I had some errands I needed to get done along with my plasma donation which I failed.  They always check your hematocrit (red blood cells) and mine was one point too low.  Boo!  I was only four points above the cut off for blood pressure and heart rate as well.  I am falling apart!  LOL!

Since I couldn't donate, I washed and vacuumed my van.  That was a good thing.  Then a visit to the chiropractor.  Always a good thing.  A few errands and then home.  
For dinner, I made foil packets on the grill.  Red potatoes, zucchini and shrimp.  So easy and good!


Ate dinner as fast as we could and off to Bible School!  The girls attend VBS at another Baptist church in our area.  While they were there, I had coffee with one of the ladies from church.  Then back to pick them up at 8pm.

The sunset was beautiful with the smoke.  I guess there is always a silver lining. :)



I noticed my day lilies are really blooming!

Thursday was do laundry day from camp.  LOL!  Water the garden, clean the house, set up for our Friday dinner we are hosting.  Back to donate plasma which I passed this time to donate!  Yay!


For dinner, I cooked up the trout my husband caught.  Yummy along with ranch roasted red potatoes. 


Then it was back for another 8-8 shift.  This time with a new permanent client for me.  


Off Friday at 8am.  So glad!  I enjoy coming home and watering my garden.  And seeing them grow larger every day!



The biggest one is as tall as Summer!

The rest of the day was spent getting ready for one of our Friday evening dinners.  Families from our church can sign up for a Friday night to come over for dinner and fellowship.  This Friday, we had 25 people for this dinner.
Since we had a lot signed up, I grilled 24 hamburgers and made 8 pounds of shredded pork for sandwiches.  I used my trays for condiments and really liked it!


Jodi brought salad and potato salad, Becca provided soda and Shannon made a delicious peanut butter Reese dessert. :)  We had a great night of fellowship.  After everyone left, I did the dishes, started a load of laundry, took down all the tables and chairs and set the coffeemaker for Saturday.

Saturday, I did some housework in the morning.  Watered garden, more laundry.  Cleaned the grill from the day before.

Then the girls and I cleaned the church building for the week.  I dropped off the girls and went and did my second plasma donation for the week.

Then I took the girls to the Splash Park in the North Valleys for 1 1/2 hours until they closed.

After the park, we went to Steak and Shake.  After coupons, Kids Eat Free on Weekends and a gift card, it came to a $3 meal + tip!  We don't go out much as a family so it is nice to be able to do it once in awhile. :)




Then home for blogging, e-mail, write some podcasts and bed.

I hope you had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment