Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Recipe: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I tried this recipe for a dinner that I hosted.  Yummy!  An easy recipe for a group and will impress your guests. :)



INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Coat each piece with the mayo/cheese.  Coat in the bread crumbs.
Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.

Tips:


*I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of the breast halves.  They are a perfect size for company - especially for children or small eaters.  Make sure to make at least two for adults.  Many of the adults at my meal at two thighs.  I had 13 people at our dinner, I made two packages which I believe were around 12-13 thighs in a package.  We had some leftover but that is good!  I never want to run out of anything I serve - that way I know guests feel comfortable to eat all they want and get their fill without feeling like they are eating the last of the food.  Always make more than you need! :)

*Plan on cooking time to be longer than the recipe.  I cooked mine at a lower temperature for at least an hour!  You want to make sure they are cooked through and crispy on the outside to serve.  Especially when you are having guests - start earlier than you think you need.


*I used cookie sheets covered with foil.  Use this tip for easy clean-up or you will regret it later! LOL!

*I served this chicken with crockpot mac and cheese (so creamy and yummy!!), corn on the cob (I used fresh corn and snapped them in half - this is better to serve - people can take two or three or just the one if they want!) and watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment