Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah



Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


So this spring, I decided to try to plant two pumpkin plants.  One was regular size and was supposed to be the mini size pumpkins.  I was so excited…I got them home and went to plant them and realized one plant had a zucchini label on it!  I was like…oh well!  I guess we will have zucchini and pumpkin this year. 

As the weeks went along, the plants grew and started to bloom these orange flowers.  Then I was really confused!  Because the flowers and the leaves on these plants looked identical!  Oh my goodness.  So then I changed my mind and thought…ok, maybe I did get two pumpkin plants after all!  Geez, you would think for an Ohio girl that grew up in the country, you would think I could figure this out.  Ha!

So eventually, the flowers started turning into fruit – zucchini and pumpkins that is!  You see, it wasn’t until the actual fruit of the plant appeared that I could tell the true identity of the plant.  And walah!  A zucchini all along.

How is your fruit coming along?  As a Christian, we are supposed to show fruit in our lives.  My daughter asked me the other day…”Mommy, how do you know if someone is a Christian or not?”  I replied, “Well, we can’t know 100% sure.  Only God truly knows that and their heart.  But we can observe if their life demonstrates fruit.”  I asked her to name the fruit of the Spirit.  Love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.  “These,” I said, “are a good way to see if God is in our life.”

So the question for you listening – do others look at you and wonder, “Hmm, I wonder if they are a Christian?”  Or can they observe your life and see the fruit of the Spirit growing all over you?

So today’s challenge is…Don’t just be a plant in this life that people have to guess what you are.  Be a plant that produces fruit for all those to see and say…what a productive servant of Christ!


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment