Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Week: July 3 - 9


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Here is a recap on my week...


Sunday was a nice day. :)  Normal church activities.  The weather was still a little warm but cooler in my bedroom.  I enjoyed having a little quiet time in my room in the afternoon. 


Crock pot lasagna for lunch.  Yum!  


A yummy snack from my secret sister for work!


Sunday evening service, I had these little guys.  :)


Aaron sure loved Autumn's watermelon!  We had a watermelon fellowship after the evening service.  Then it was off for a night of work - 8pm-8am.
The smoke was bad going into Reno and the valley.  We have had a lot of smoke coming from the Trailhead Fire in CA.


Monday morning, I watered my garden and then we made sandwiches for the day. Everyone got to pick what they wanted on their sandwich. :)


We had planned to go to the river and fish but my husband wasn't feeling very well.  We found out it was allergies. So we decided to go to Virginia City to see the parade.  On the way, we saw some wild horses...aren't they beautiful with the mountains in the background?  Yes, we still have a little snow left on the tops. :)


Isn't this a neat mural?  I just love it!

Here are some photos from the parade...








Our family tradition is we get ice cream every time we go to VC!  
One of my favorites - maple nut!


That night it was back to work for another 8pm-8am shift.  Tuesday morning, I enjoyed an hour out in my garden.  Watering, weeding, etc.



Then Summer and I worked on stuffed green peppers for dinner.  She says, Oh they are so organized!  LOL!



Oh so good!  I just make rice, add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes with green chilies and ground beef.  Top with cheese!


Each day this week, I had a date with each of my girls.  Today was Sierra's day.  We discussed what they would like to do for their birthdays this year. 
Then back for another 8pm-8am shift.


Wednesday morning, more garden time!  I guess you would say that is my happy place.  I love being outdoors, working, enjoying the sunshine and dirt on my hands. :)


Flowers on my pumpkin plants!  Looks like we might have quite a few this harvest. :)


I loved seeing the new shoots coming up from my lily plant,  I cut down the original because it was dying and now all these new ones are coming forth!


After working in my garden for a couple hours, mowing the lawn, watering, etc...Autumn and I made some blueberry muffins.


Then I took the girls to piano lessons and Summer and I made a visit to the Blairs with cards and muffins.  Larry lost his father this week and we just wanted to show our love.
After lessons, we had our weekly trip to the library - my favorite place.


Then it was Autumn's turn for her date. :)


I came home to find this goober eating all the snap peas. :)


For dinner, I tried a new recipe I found in one of my cooking magazines.  Rice, sausage, zucchini, tomatoes.  Pretty good!


The girls earned these free books at the library for the summer reading program.

Oh, and this is the before and after photos of my iris bed!  I took a lot of time to cut out all the dead stuff.  Looks so much better!


Our neighbor brought over this sweet thank you card for some food we took to them.  Pray for their salvation!

Addie went to Youth Group.  No work tonight!


Thursday morning, yep, more work in my garden! :)  I enjoy the littlest things - like the Miracle Grow matching my garden tools.  Ha!  Today, I put Miracle Grow on all my plants and flowers.

After chores and lunches at the park, we went swimming at the pool.  I enjoy the relaxation and sunshine of that!

Then back to work for an 8pm-8am shift.

Friday was get work done around the house day. :)
Date day with the oldest.


Coffee lovers unite!  Caramel iced coffee.  Yum!


Took a walk/ride with the girls.


The girls have been begging me to make them smoothies - we had fresh peaches and blueberries.  They loved them!  Especially in the "fancy" glasses.



And nothing makes a better Friday than taco night!  Tacos are my favorite food!
I jazz up a can of refried beans with a can of tomatoes with green chilies - adds taste and a little spice.  Top with cheese and it is a tasty side!


Saturday, I tried a new side dish which I really liked.  Fresh and colorful.  I grilled some BBQ chicken to go with it.  I will share the recipe this week!



Finally, Summer got her date.  She takes them seriously and dresses up and enjoys every minute! :)  She got a strawberry banana smoothie.
She's so fun to be with.

Then off with the hubby to a wedding, stop at Sports Authority and home to prepare for church.

I hope you had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment