Saturday, November 28, 2020

Busy November Days

 Boy, where did this week go?  Sure went fast and here it is already halfway through Saturday again.  I sure am getting my fill of fog living here in Oregon.  LOL!  I have always loved fog though so I really like it. :)


Last Friday, Nov. 21...just a normal day of school and such.  I made a breakfast casserole for dinner.  I don't make many family breakfasts so sometimes I throw a breakfast meal in for our dinner meal. :)  This one is Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake.  You can find the recipe on my old blog with this link.  It is one of my favorite breakfast casserole recipes.


Saturday, we had a nice surprise!  A neighbor brought over a Thanksgiving/Welcome New Neighbor gift.  Godiva chocolates, a poinsettia plant and a card.

We stayed busy Saturday - we took a run to the transfer station (dump-LOL!).  We needed to get rid of the fencing that we replaced and an old bunk bed set and mattress.


For dinner, I made crockpot chicken tacos.  I hadn't tried these in a long time and I decided to downsize the recipe.  It called for 6 chicken breasts but I only used two - which doesn't sound like a lot for six people but it was plenty and we even had leftover.
Here is the original recipe on my old blog - crockpot chicken tacos.  You can downsize it easily.  Good for a busy Saturday or even Sunday lunch.


Addie got her hair cut Saturday and asked if I would dye her hair for her Saturday evening.


This dog looks like he has a hard life.  Ha!


Sunday morning, we went to the early service at Calvary Chapel here in Newberg.  It was a beautiful service and great sermon - we really enjoyed it!  Everyone was so very friendly.


Sunday lunch was chili with bread on the side.  Good for a rainy Oregon day!


Sunday afternoon, I decided to get my Thanksgiving dinner shopping done.  I found that they now have a Great Value brand of TP that I always use.  Nice!  It was a busy afternoon and evening getting things done for the coming week.

Monday, the VA Hospital released my father-in-law from the hospital.  It took me several hours for driving, waiting, checking in, talking with the staff, etc.  We got home about 5:45pm.

Autumn finished up dinner for me - chicken, broccoli fettuccine alfredo and garlic breadsticks.


Tuesday began a new routine with having my father in law to care for.  So getting used to that.  We took an hour and went over to see my sister and brother-in-law's new rental home. :)  I'm excited for them to have more space inside and out!

We had snappy tuna melts and clam chowder for dinner.


Wednesday morning.  Reading my Bible with a cup of coffee at my desk looking out over the rainy day.


Last day of school for the week.  Some preparations for Thanksgiving meal. 
Autumn made two pumpkin pies.  I made a cheesecake.  Sierra and I made the deviled eggs.



I grilled cheeseburgers for dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment