Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Girls Weekend!

 This weekend, Friday - Sunday, was a girls weekend at our house!  My husband had to make a trip out of town and left Friday morning.  We did school.  We had mushroom soup with oyster crackers and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner - I made mine with mayo and a slice of tomato with colby cheese. :)




The teens had their last night of a youth conference at church so my sister dropped them off and I picked them up.  We watched the part one of Anne of Green Gables.  We decided to do a marathon this weekend and watch all in the series.  My niece, Kylee, came Friday night and stayed until Sunday evening. It was fun for the girls to do a girl cousins weekend!


Saturday was a messy, rainy day!  I got soaked just taking Max on his morning walk.



The girls had fun sleeping on the air mattresses in the living room.  We had ice cream sundaes, popcorn, chips, Oreos, pizza rolls - lots of snacks!


I spent several hours over at my sister's house helping her pack up some of their house.  They will be moving to a different house - bigger - on December 1 - so she is just trying to get packed up as much as she can early.

For dinner for the girls and I, I made chicken tenders and mac and cheese in the crockpot.


Saturday, we watched the second part of the series.

Sunday, we had church in the morning.  Rachel and the boys came over for lunch after church.  I made Shepherd's Pie and had bread, butter and drinks.  Rachel brought a bacon caesar salad.  Yummy lunch and fun to eat together for a good meal.  

After Rachel and the boys left, we watched the third and last part of the Anne series.  Then Kylee went home about 4:30pm.  Fun weekend and memory for the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment