Friday, November 20, 2020

Friday - New Changes for our Family

 Enjoying a very wet but pretty fall here in Oregon.  I love the colors of the leaves, the rain and the foggy mornings.


Monday was a busy day.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to share yet but we moved my father-in-law in with our family.  My husband and brother-in-law, Adam, went to Reno this past weekend to pick him up.  They arrived Sunday night.
Due to his condition, Adam advised us to take him to the hospital Monday and that is what my husband and I spent Monday doing.  They did admit him.
While we were up in Portland, we went to Vancouver to get my husband's work truck and trailer and to go to the chiropractor for our weekly visit.
 We didn't get home until 5pm.  Tiring day.


Max and I took our evening walk and then I made dinner - pierogis, sausage and cabbage skillet.


Tuesday, I had to go to Wal-Mart to get some items to get my FIL set up in our home.  I always love a couple boxes of these cherries for the holiday season!

I spent the day reorganizing to manage our home with another person.  I know it will be trial and error and we will just take it day by day.


My husband is gone this week for work.  They are doing a roof north of Seattle, WA.  He left Tuesday morning and got back Thursday night.  So frozen pizza it was for dinner!  LOL!


Got my Max a new mat.  He actually is trying it out. :)


Wednesday was crazy rainy!!!  Seemed like it just rained and rained all day long.
I had to do my grocery shopping Wednesday at Winco.  



Took some time on school to do more grades and prep video returns to Abeka.  I'm behind this year even though we started way early - with moving and such.  One step at a time!


Thursday dawned with some blue skies!  What a nice start after all that rain!






Every time I do grades, I see our old Ohio address and think how quickly things changed.  I filled in these books for this school year before everything happened.  Sometimes, it's hard to think back...


And here we are.  Our state of Oregon is on a semi lockdown again.  I pray this all ends very soon.


Thursday, worked on school.  Regular household chores.  Did a few errands and stopped for a quick chat with my sister. 
Everyone needs to live where they can stop and chat with their sister. :)


Pretty rainbow as Max and I did our evening walk. :)


Made vegetable beef soup for dinner.  Perfect fall dinner. 
 
Some days, life feels out of control.  Just sit back with someone you love and laugh.  Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment