Saturday, April 17, 2021

Book Recommendation: The White Rose Resists

 

I recently read this novel - 

The White Rose Resists by Amanda Barratt.  

It is based on the true story of the student resistance against Communism and Hitler in Germany during WWII.  They saw the atrocities that were happening under Hitler's rule and had the courage and bravery to speak out against it using leaflets that they wrote, made copies and either mailed or secretly passed out in the dark of night.  Their initial name for their leaflets was The White Rose.  

This author took all the historical facts, names and information that we know from this part of history and wrote a gripping novel telling the story.  Read this book!  Even if you do not enjoy reading about history very much, you will enjoy this novel.  I love that it shares about faith throughout the book as well.  I couldn't put it down.


I also recommend this book. 
We Will Not Be Silent by Russell Freedman. 
Read it after you read the novel though so you don't ruin the suspense of the novel.  This easy to read history book will make total sense once you read the novel.  It all comes together.  I found it in the teen non-fiction section so it is great for middle or high school students.  Easy to understand and follow!

I love history from WWII and this is part of that war that I didn't know about but am glad I could read about it and learn something new from this time of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment