Monday, January 16, 2023

Nana's Visit: Sunday, January 15

Sunday, January 15th - Mom's visit.  I only took a few photos but this is what we did.  
Picked up Mom for our church service at 10am.
After church, I grilled burgers.  We had cheeseburgers with all the toppings, Italian pasta salad, and baked beans.  Rachel had the beans warming in the crockpot and all the toppings ready.  I had the pasta salad and tea made so all I had to do was grill the burgers.



After eating quickly, we took off for the Chehalem Aquatic and Fitness Center here in Newberg.  They have an open swim for the public from 1-3pm.  Our winter here in our part of Oregon is not conducive to doing much outside so this is what we thought that Mom could join in.  I didn't take any photos inside of swimming but the kids had a great time. :)  They have a water slide, a rock climbing wall (when you fall, you fall into the water, a lazy river, a toddler play area, a diving board, and an adult-only hot tub.  It was enjoyable watching the kids jumping off the diving board, climbing the wall, and going down the water slide.  I was very proud of Summer.  She took swimming lessons years ago in Reno however she was so social, she didn't move up as quickly and then we moved.  She has been hesitant to go into the deep end.  I encouraged her to try it and she did!  Several times!  I was very proud of her and so glad that she broke her fear bubble!


Sunday evening was youth group.  The family came back over and we all had brownies and ice cream sundaes provided by my dad.


Me, Mom, Eric, Adam, and Rachel


Back: Mom, Jack-11, Sierra-15, Evan-14, Addie-19
Front: Autumn-17, Kylee-16, Summer-12

No comments:

Post a Comment