Thursday, May 11, 2023

Emotional Goodbye

 Today is going to be emotional for me.  

A mobile notary is coming and I will be signing off on the deed for our rental home in Nevada.  This just wasn't a rental home we owned.  This was my father-in-law's home that he bought on March 18,1996 for $65,000.  He was a single dad of three kids.  He told me how they got to pick out the carpet and paint colors back then.  My husband was in high school.  

Twenty-seven years ago.

Many memories in a quarter of a century from a home.  My husband spent a few years of high school here.  He left for Bible college from here.  He brought back a wife and then grandkids to here.  He watched his dad age, retire, and now has passed.  

I will remember all these memories and hold them in my heart today.  For it was not the cement walls that made the memories.  It was the people in them.

Hey Dad, your house may be going to a new home owner but the memories we made will never be forgotten.  Remembering them fondly today with a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment