Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Rolling Along!

 Wow.  Ever feel like you had a very full day and not sure why it felt like that?  Today was that day.

We are all ready to midweek!  That means after today, we have two days left of our school year.  Wow!  Today, we started on final exams.  Since exams are usually 6-7 pages long, we are doing two pages of each exam in every subject for the next three days.  This helps so you don't have one long exam all at one time for one subject.  I think your brain is less tired.  I know mine is!  So today, we did at least two pages of all exams.  It felt like a good start and I'm glad we did.  One third of the way done!

Eric finished installing the other new outlet in the kitchen.  We also emailed receipts and photos of work done that was asked after the inspection.  We signed an addendum on an extension for the window since it takes so long to come in.

I had one of my headlight units on my Volvo replaced.  Darn, that's pricey.  But it kept blowing out all the bulbs and we can't go with just one headlight.  So that is done.

Of course, normal housework as is every day.

It was a pleasant day.  We did get some sunshine and it almost reached 70.  The best days are when we can have the front door open.  Tomorrow is rain so I enjoyed it while we had it.

The girls had Youth Group and Autumn had a missions team meeting for her Hungary trip.

And the last update...our Reno realtor told us that the appraisal came back and the Reno home was valued at $310,000.  This causes an issue since our offer and contract was based on $315,000.  Thankfully, our realtor was able to negotiate and the terms were $310,000 for the selling price with 2% concessions instead of the original 3% and no more money for repairs which was going to be $1,550.

We were very nervous that the buyers would not accept that offer however, this morning we signed the addendum for the change!  Accepted!  That is basically the last big hurdle for the Reno house.  I can't tell you what a relief that was!  And no money was lost on our end! God is good!

We should know the end of this week about the appraisal on our Oregon home.  We want to get that in hand and pray it is good news!

Lastly, we had the inspection yesterday on the Florida home we are purchasing and all looks good on that end.  Just a few minor things to check about but honestly, since it is only 2 yrs. old, there is not much wrong.  Good thing and praise God again!

I also got an estimate from a different company for a truck.  We found that Estes was $2,000 cheaper than ABF so we reserved our truck from them.  Praise God!  I was shocked to see it was $2,000 cheaper!  I know this sounds weird but I never thought of them for moving.  I saw a truck out the other day and it was Estes and it had something about moving.  That is the only reason I decided to see what a quote would be.  That is God putting that idea in front of me!  He's a good Father!

That's all.  Thought I would post this update and then I'm going to bed. :)  The temperature dropped, there was some thunder and lightning and now the rain has started. Night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment