Thursday, May 18, 2023

Our Last Week of the School Year

Our little backyard here in Oregon.  I love the perennials, freshly mowed grass, and our willow tree.  In the summer, the willow tree provided almost a cocoon you could sit under shaded by the warm sun.  It felt cozy.  I also will never forget Fig sleeping among the bushes and perennials especially when the house was hot.  She will stay buried in her resting place in this yard.  Just thinking about the good times here.


The beautiful purple blooms.




This was our last week of school for the year.  It was a busy week of finishing up school videos, homework and final exams.  Instead of doing all the exams on one day, we did two pages of each exam every day for the last three days.  It seemed to spread them out and not be so mind-tiring.
Well, unless you are 12 and fall asleep.  LOL!

A lot on my mind this week.  Taking in the beauty.  I have loved my walks in this pioneer cemetery.  It is a peaceful and pretty place.  Filled with untold stories of history.  I look at all the headstones reading the names and dates.  Dating back to the 1800's.  I think of what stories those lives hold of possibly coming across the Oregon Trail to the wild west.  It's a fascinating thought.



The new green on this huge tree is so vivid.


And then at the base of this tree.  Grown up among the graves.  And these beautiful plants and flowers.  I've always loved this spot.

Friday was our last day of school - May 5th.  We have a tradition of going to McDonald's on the last day of school.  We worked all day and then went for dinner, ate, and talked for over 2 hours.  Life is fun when you have sweet girls that are growing up and you enjoy spending time with them.  We laughed and talked about life.

Summer is 12 and finished 7th grade.

Sierra is 15 and finished 10th grade.

Autumn is 17 and finished 12th grade.


Saturday went from clear to big, dark clouds to clear again.  It was definitely a changing weather sort of day.
I spent the day working in the carport packing and taking down shelves, etc.  Moving is not for the faint of heart.


Jackson was chill-he found a good napping spot and slept there for several hours!




I'm not sure why I kept this.  I suppose it was just a memory.  It was the Speedy Reader that Addie had to do in K-4 when she attended Hammond Baptist.  Such a lifetime ago.


And when packing, you come across gems like these.  These two dear ladies - Alice and Gladys.  I had forgotten that I got to see them and show them Addie.  Dear, dear friends.



It was a long and busy day.  I got quite a bit done but it is still all quite overwhelming.  I guess Max was overwhelmed too (ha) cause he literally wouldn't get up to eat his food.  I had to spoon-feed him because his meds were crushed up in it.  That dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment