Saturday, May 13, 2023

My Near Miss and Quiet Sunday

So this is what happened as I was driving back from my nephew's meet.  I was in the position as the dark car on the right in the above photo.  There was a lady in a large white SUV in the position as the truck on the left in the above photo.

That lady pulled out to cross the intersection just as I entered the intersection.


I swerved to miss her, crossed over the oncoming lane of traffic, across the median just missing that pole, across the exit lane, and landed in the ditch.


You can see my tire tracks across the exit lane.
And the ditch I landed in that stopped my momentum.


How close I came to hitting that pole.  And how I could have hit an oncoming car very easily.



It was a heart-stopping moment in time and I am so grateful to God for keeping me safe.  I was not hurt and my car is fine.  Interestingly, the lady simply crossed the intersection, slowed to look at me getting out of the ditch, and drove down the road.  Incredible.


Sunday morning was church and then Domino's Pizza for lunch.
Summer went to a friend's house for the afternoon between church and youth group.
Autumn did childcare for an in-service for workers at the church after the morning service.


Jackson and his funny way of sitting.


Pretty blooming tree in the cemetery.









Jackson and Mama hanging out.




Brownie


No comments:

Post a Comment