Sunday, April 27, 2014

Three Things To Help You To Continue This Week

There is a blessing from just continuing.  How can we continue if we are overwhelmed?

Some days, some weeks..."If I have to try to fit one more thing into this week...".  Are you there?

My motto currently is..."One day at a time".  That's all I need to handle.


Three things to help you to continue:

1.  Write out your day on paper.  

I like to make three plans in my notebook:  
1.  Softball schedule for the week of practices and games.  (We have three girls on three different teams so this is very crucial to being the right place at the right time with the right girl!)  

2.  My weekly menu.  There is nothing worse than coming to dinner time without a plan.

*I use a simple wide ruled notebook for these lists and I carry this everywhere I go.
*These two lists also go on my dry erase homemade in my kitchen where everyone can see what the day holds.

3.  My personal weekly schedule.  For my weekly schedule, I write each day and what appointments or specific tasks/errands that I have for that day.  
For example:  Chiropractor appointment, photo inspection job, lunch with a friend, piano lessons for the girls, etc.

2.  For those things you can't "control", give it to God in prayer.
A situation at work...a relationship with a friend...a heavy workload that is creating stress...a child that you don't have their heart...
When I have a crazy work schedule or a crazy client (ha ha!), I always pray over this.  God is the one who can give me the right schedule and client.

3.  Realize you don't need to earn a little "me" time.  
Sometimes, I just can't bear the screams, cries, bickering, etc. of the children in the house anymore.  I just want a house where I can hear myself think.  I need "me" time.
What is your "me" time?  Shopping alone, reading, exercising, napping...whatever it is...give it to yourself.  A little every day.  (Yes, I am preaching to myself on this one. :)

A new week is here!  Let's continue for that blessing is there!


No comments:

Post a Comment