Monday, April 21, 2014

Time To Bloom


Today, I noticed a most amazing thing...to me anyways!  These plants I received five years ago.  They are so wonderful in our Nevada desert because they can thrive with very little water and in the sandy dirt.  For these last five years, I just thought they were a foliage plant...just something to add greenery to your flower beds.  I was so surprised to come out this morning and find these beautiful purple flowers!

Sometimes, it just takes time for things to bloom into what God designed for them to be.  Our spouses, our children, the folks in our ministry...and us.

2 comments:

  1. It's an iris, they have to have so many "chill hours" to bloom, probably the first year you got enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, That flower is an iris. Probably in time it will grow taller . Sure is pretty. Love you all, aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete