Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Living Life by a Flashlight


Living in a hotel has its interesting scenarios.

Like trying to be kind to your sleeping husband and not wake him up by turning on the light.

My solution?  Take a shower by the flashlight on my phone.  

It wouldn't have been too bad...if I would have put in my contacts.  Being nearly blind and the lack of proper lighting isn't a great combination!

Yet that is what we do in our lives.  We struggle through life situations in the dark of this world - never turning on the light of God that is available to us!  We go through problems and situations with our little flashlights while the light switch is right there on the wall.  We cry out to God accusing Him that He doesn't care...when all the time, you just need to turn on the light switch.  That light switch that turns on the wonderful light of the Savior into our hearts and lives.

It says in Psalms 18:28 - "For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness."  
What a wonderful promise!  

Today's challenge is to turn on the light of God today in your life.  Allow Him to illuminate your darkness and you will gain the promise found in Psalms 36:9 - "For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."  

No comments:

Post a Comment