Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recap of my Weekend

I normally blog about my entire previous week but it all seems a blur now.  LOL!  Work...a lot of softball...cleaning the church...Awana...babysitting.
So I will just recap the weekend.  
Saturday was Opening Day for our softball league.


This season, Autumn and Sierra are playing.  Autumn is in 10U and on Team Chaos.  Sierra is in 8U and on the Purple Minions.


Little sister shenanigans.  She is such a stinker!


Archie, the mascot from the Reno Aces, threw the first pitch.



Autumn is one of the pitchers for her team.  I love the different stances in the photos. :)


Shhh....the best part of the day!  LOL!


Sierra finally lost her tooth.

Sunday, we had a wonderful crowd!  I started back our Ladies Connection Class and had a great time.  My husband preached the first sermon in his Life App series.  It was on the family.  We also had three baptisms.  Two young men - Jake and Alex.  And Angela.  
Angela sent this e-mail to my husband Monday following her baptism.  I wanted to share it with you as it encouraged our hearts.

Hey Pastor Eric,

Today was a rather uplifting day. I will tell you why, a co-worker of mine had ask me where I was yesterday. I had told him I was being baptized. His response was simply, "ah, who needs that crap!" I said, "no one does,but I wanted too. You don't even need to get into heaven. But it's something, I as a person, believe in." Of course we got into this argument. He had also told me that Christianity was a stupid religion. 

He grew up as a Catholic but now just believes in God. However, I told him Christianity wasn't a religion, it was a relationship with God. But long story short, I told him everything that I believed in. I'm still doing my own research in bible. I just wanted to tell you, if it wasn't for Devin and I finding you and this church. I don't think I could of had done that today. i couldn't have put my foot down for what I believe in. All of you have helped me see what I was truly missing. I was, once this guy.....I just believed in God and I didn't know what he was about.  I do now. 

Thank you for everything that you have done for us.We are truly blessed to have you and this church. Also, Thank you for the baptism. Hope the crock pot is still working for you. Oh, and the Sunday service was beautiful. It really reached out to me. 

All the love in world,

Angela Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment