Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Week

I feel a little behind!  I started this post last Monday morning.  So here is a week of life in photos!


Thought I would share some neat updates happening!
Last Saturday, we had the front of our church building painted.  I think it looks awesome!  It really changed the entire look of the building - making it more inviting. :)  We even had some comments - I didn't know the church had a steeple!  Ha!  


Let me encourage you - whatever your pastor is asking you to participate to give...whether it may be a painting project, a special missions goal, discipleship books...GIVE!  Why?  When that project is completed and you get to see the fruit of the labor...you will be so glad you had a part!!  Don't be just a church member that attends but doesn't give financially to your church.  Decide - whatever project is going on to further God's work - I am going to give - even if it is just $5 or $500!  Give!  

Thank you to each person who gave towards the painting project!


Before...what a difference!


Last Friday and Saturday, we had our bathtub redone.  It was a 100% difference!  When we bought our home, it had rust and corrosion.  It is so expensive to put a new one in because you have to replace the tile as well.  So, our contractor suggested Miracle Method.  It is a company that redoes the bathtub (they also redo tile as well).  I highly suggest them if you need this done!  They have different colors and can change the color of your bathtub (for instance, if you bathtub is pea green - LOL!) or the color of your tiles to update the look of your bathroom.  Our local guy is Jim.  Did a fabulous job.  


Last Saturday was a gorgeous, perfect day - weather wise!  This was Autumn's game...three "pops" watching. :)  Her dad, Papa Tastet and Papa Vern. Yes, we were multi-tasking by doing Awana verses.  Sierra also had a game. 


Then, my husband and Josh tried getting some home projects done.  I asked for them to take off the door of the old medicine cabinet.  Next thing I know, they had removed the entire cabinet!  Leave it to two guys to not follow directions! :)



Then they installed our new vanity light.  Love!


New kitchen clock.  So pretty!

They changed out the old, ugly hallway light.  Yay!



Then they changed out our two kitchen lights.  Again, a big difference with a small change!


I found a new bedset to replace the one my dog destroyed.  
:(  This was only $30!


So after a day of softball and home and church work...we ended the day with a beautiful sunset.  Taken from the window of our hotel.

Monday, we spent the morning packing up to go home.  It was quite the feat.  Spending exactly six weeks in a hotel, you manage to accumulate a lot.  Food, piano, school, clothes...a lot!  My husband then worked from 12-8 at Sportsman's while the girls and I tried to get unpacked.  Which is quite difficult.  Having your kitchen and bathroom items in the bedrooms.  No washer and dryer hooked up.  Laundry piling up.  It was quite overwhelming.  
Monday afternoon, I took lunch to my husband so we could have a little time together before he left for Indiana.  I then went to work that night.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was filled with working on house projects - which entailed mainly painting the hallway and bathroom.  Or I should say, Josh painted the hallway and bathroom!  He wanted to help while Pastor was gone to get us settled back in.  He did an amazing amount of work and I want to thank him...again!  I would never have gotten it all done without his help.

In addition to house projects, softball games and practices, work Monday - Wednesday nights, school, dentist appointment, Awana, babysitting, an inspection job...it was quite a busy week.


We had some beautiful weather the first couple days of this week.  I enjoyed watering the lawn and my lilacs.  Just being outside is good for your soul.


Something had ripped up our bark and plastic so I fixed that.


The lawn is slowly greening up!


I think Max thought we really weren't going to stay home and perhaps go to the hotel...so he jumped in the van.  I couldn't get him out for several hours!  LOL!


Painting project - mid way!



I repainted the bathroom cabinet, purged and reorganized with my downsized stash.


We had some stormy afternoons several days this week.


No, we still don't have a kitchen...so the grill it was!


My husband and daughter flew out Tuesday morning and my husband taught class and preached in chapel at Hyles-Anderson College on Wednesday.  They had a wonderful trip - got to see my sister and her family as well as my mom and dad and many, many friends.
They got to go to Chicago - American Girl Doll Store and Rainforest Cafe.
Good times and memories for them both!



My new mug for work!


More progress on our projects.  Josh installed the new vanity for our bathroom.


The view from the photo job I did!  Beautiful!


Our little treat while Dad was gone - Happy Meals. :)


Getting there!



Using my new scents from my secret sister.  MMM!

Friday, we finally had our cabinets delivered.  A piece of my heart was restored!  Yay!  Installation - Monday.  Can't wait!



My plants have made it through rain, snow, sleet and hail!  Still living!

Friday, the hubby and kiddo made it home from Indiana.  We had a date at the truck stop - chef salad and then crashed for the night.  Tired is not the word.  :)


Enjoying my goodies from my family - apple butter from my husband from Cracker Barrel.  Candy from Albanese candy factory from my sister.  And a Starbucks card from my parents. :)

That's all for now!  I must sleep!  



No comments:

Post a Comment