Monday, April 27, 2015

Renew

Last week, I was at work...I took out my contacts and put them in their case.  Well, it was very dim lighting and I didn't realize that one of the contacts didn't make it into the case.  The next morning, I went to put it in and it wasn't there.  Thankfully, I was able to find it on the carpet in the place where I had taken them out.


Dried up...shriveled.  So, I put it in the case with contact solution and in just a little bit, it was restored back to its normal state.

Is that you this morning?  Do you feel dried up?  Do you need renewed?  

I admit.  My schedule and circumstances have taken a toll on me the last seven weeks.  A combination of living in a hotel...my home being in disarray...a different daily schedule...working 36 hours overnight weekly...daily demands...it all dried up my spirit.  
Everything around me was taking the moisture from my spirit and I was slowly drying up.

Today begins a new week.  I told my husband last night that I have been pushing myself too hard and this week, my focus will be on our last week of school for the year and completing grades.  The second focus will be organizing my kitchen area when the cabinets are installed.  I said...Don't bring up any other home improvement project needing done this week!  

Don't let things suck the life giving moisture from your spirit!  You need renewal every day to keep your spirit refreshed.


So, the first thing I did this morning...coffee and my devotions.  Give yourself the water of life.  
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

Have your circumstances dried you up?  Have you stopped watering your soul?  Renew your soul starting today.

1.  Read your Bible.
2.  Make a small to do list of 5 things to accomplish today.
3.  Do something for someone.  
4.  Do something for 15 minutes you enjoy.
5.  Make a list of 10 things that are your current favorite things.  

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment