Monday, April 6, 2015

My Week

What a week!  Very full and busy...yet, full of joy.  When you actively serving in ministry and there is a "big" Sunday approaching, you give many, many hours to preparation.  I want to thank Josh and Jenny Musser for ALL the prep time they gave to this Sunday.  I don't know if they really know what they mean to my husband and I.  

Monday night, I finished my last client with Home Instead.  This changes my work schedule slightly.  I will now work Monday - Wednesday nights 9pm-9am with Senior Helpers.  I hope to reduce the number of nights when they find another caregiver for my client.



Jenny and Reagan came over at 1pm to go swimming.  I spent the pool time grading.  Sometimes you just gotta spend what awake time you have to get you what you need done!  LOL!

Then off to softball practice for Sierra.

Tuesday night was a long night at work.  Let's just sum it up...I was glad when it was over!

Wednesday morning, I met with the flooring company.  I picked out our new carpet for our living room and the vinyl flooring for our kitchen and dining room.  I am a little excited about this!  LOL!  I really like the products that I chose.  :)  The great part is that after the numbers were done, we will only have to pay $47.01 out of pocket after our insurance!  That is huge and I thank Jesus for it.

I tried to get a nap and then off to piano practice at 2pm, administration meeting at 4pm, Awana at 6:30pm and work at 9pm.  

Thursday, off work at 9am.  We had two older refrigerators that we had scheduled to be picked up by NV Energy that morning.  Another check on the check list!  Autumn had softball practice at 5:45pm until 8pm.  I checked at the house and the progress of the drywall is nearly complete.


Thursday night, I picked out the new colors for the LR and kitchen.  Will be a surprise! :)


After practice, I stopped by the church to drop off the bulletins I had folded during practice.  Josh and Jenny were there so we had an impromptu singing practice.  LOL!


Do we make a splash at the breakfast room with five girls?  I suppose so.  LOL!


Friday morning, I had an appt. to give blood.  I went shopping for the Easter items needed for the brunch and for the missionary coming in.
Off to the church for more Easter preparations at 2 and stayed until almost 7.  During that times, I went to check on our dogs and they were gone.  Somehow, the drywall guys working there must have let them out the front door and they were picked up by Animal Control.  :/  

Saturday, my husband and I headed to take Autumn to softball practice at 9am and when we got there, no one was there.  :/  Here they had cancelled it and we didn't receive the text.  So we took time to do some spring cleaning in the garage and took a load to the dump for reduced rate weekend.  I waited in line for an hour and we finally made it to the front!  We also had our dishwasher and microwave delivery by Lowe's that morning as well.  Check and check!


We then had lunch with our missionary to Alaska, Israel Warren, who is here for this weekend.  Still more Easter preparations...ready for Sunday!


Brunch at 9:45am!

Front lobby is decorated for spring and Easter!


Auditorium is ready with our new Easter banners as well as our new PAR lights.  


Easter outfits and new shoes ready!

Easter Sunday at SVBC!  



We began with a potluck brunch at 9:45am.  I made a cheesy ham and potato casserole in the crock pot and snack size Egg McMuffins.  It was followed by our morning service at 11am.  The singing was awesome, the attendance was full with 172 and the sermon was great!  


I hope that you had a great day worshiping our risen Savior in your church.  My heart is most definitely full in thankfulness for our risen Savior!

Jenny is always so sweet to think of me every holiday.  She gave me a new necklace and my favorite candy!

I also received a Cold Stone Creamery gift card from a special couple - the Hectors. :)

My secret sister, Tabatha, gave me this awesome wax warmer with new baked scents and my favorite drink!  What a great gift for my "new" home!  I am very excited to use it when we move back in.  Thank you Tabatha for all my nice gifts!

Sunday afternoon, I spent a couple hours getting a head start on the church cleaning.  There is always more to do after a big day.  I got a decent chunk done and then a special family, the Crocketts, treated our family to a late lunch.  Thank you to them!  It was delicious and we enjoyed the fellowship!!

Nursery and then finally off to home.  Another busy week ahead.  I hope you have a very special week wherever you are!



No comments:

Post a Comment