Friday, February 19, 2016

A Life of Peace

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)




"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."  Isaiah 27:3  
If you read my blog, you will find this verse.  It is very special to me.

A peaceful marriage, a peaceful family, peaceful children, a peaceful life! Isn't that what we all would like - a life of peace? Even the world wants world peace! (At least that is what all the pageant contestants say! LOL!)

Here are a few thoughts on peace I jotted down in my Bible years ago…

All instability is caused by leaning on something or someone other than God!  How many times do we lean on others more than our Savior only to be disappointed and discouraged?  The Christian life is to find out areas where I am not leaning on God and then putting Him there in that area.

One area that has been a real learning curve for me personally – especially the last five years – has been dealing well with change.  Change in any area always seemed to through me off balance and I bucked it all the way.  I hated it.  Didn’t want to embrace it.  Didn’t want to accept it.  Didn’t want that challenge.  It always caused issues between my husband and I.

As I look back on it now, I know that I was leaning on myself.  I was insecure in my abilities – and not secure in Him.  

Someone said this the other day to me after a situation put them in a place of change – “I freak out at change”.  I said, “Change doesn’t phase me much anymore.”  I think God has put so many changes in my life and path to push me to grab on to only Him.  And when you learn to lose the people and things you have your confidence in…there comes one result.  Calmness in your soul which shows your stability in Christ.

Yes, there are some days that I would like to go back in time when I felt in control of my life.  Times that seemed so perfect and stable yet only because I controlled them.

So today’s challenge is:  Seek the true perfect peace that only comes from Him!


Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment