Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Recipe: Easy Chicken Enchiladas

I have tried many enchilada recipes and this is one I recently tried that I think is a keeper!  I like that it uses yogurt making it a healthier lower calorie choice.


Easy Enchiladas

3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
16 flour tortillas (8 inches)
2 cups (16 oz) fat free plain yogurt
2 cups medium salsa 
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can ripe olives, drained and sliced

In a small bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese.  (I added a little bit of salsa to this mixture.)  Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla - roll up tightly.  Place seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish.  In a small bowl, combine yogurt and salsa.  (I did one cup of yogurt and one cup of salsa for each pan.)  Spread over tortillas.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with cheese and olives and bake until cheese is melted - about 5 minutes. Serve with cilantro and extra toppings if desired.

Makes two pans - 8 enchiladas per pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment