Monday, February 22, 2016

February Fun


Thank you for stopping by my blog!  Every week I share about my week - just my normal life.  I hope you enjoy.  Thank you!


My week began with a simply gorgeous sunrise!  I love beautiful mornings. :)  My husband was off to Carson City for the day to take his CCW class.  I didn't have any kids to babysit this day-my plan was to do school as normal but I don't have the chance to just take a day off just with my kids.  We always seem to have other kids.  So I made the decision to take off.
I enjoyed my Bible plan and my Scripture writing.  Shower and wash my bedding.  A slower morning.


We first headed to Galena where I had one photo job to do.  Aren't the Sierras gorgeous?  After that quick job, we went to a small trail that is nearby.  If we went too far up the mountain, we would have hit too much snow.  There was some snow on the trail but not too much!




It just smelled so good - everything was so green!  I just enjoyed so much getting out and hiking and taking in the sights and smells.  I can't wait to get out again with my husband and take a longer hike.









After the hike, we stopped at a nearby park in Galena.The day was just amazing weather-wise.  The girls loved running around and playing.


Views from the park.


One of our monkeys.


The other monkey. :)


Gorgeous days!


After the park, we stopped at Carpenter's Music World to get a new theory book for Addie.  Then to U-Swirl for a special treat.


Then to Winco for grocery shopping for the week.  Summer is my checker-she crosses off the items as we go along on my list.  She loves this job!


When we got home, the girls and I made fettuccine alfredo.  I do this twist on my fettuccine -I add a bag of beef fajita strips and one can of diced tomatoes.  It is so yummy, easy and quick!


Tuesday was babysitting Aaron and school. Trying to drink more water in my day.


It is easy when we have such beautiful weather - almost 70 degrees!
Piano lessons - 1-2:30pm.  While the girls were in lessons, Summer, Aaron and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things.  Gas station for gas for church van.  Jiffy Lube for smog for church van.  Check the post office for church mail.  Starbucks to grab a treat for the girls' piano teacher - Miss Jenny.


Then back to the church to finish up tests and then off at 3:45pm to eye doctor appointments.  All four girls had appointments.  Summer and Sierra's eyesight actually improved so they were good.  Addie and Autumn got a new pair of glasses for this year.  I was especially proud of Summer for doing so well answering all the doctor's questions.  
Aaron was so fascinated by this toy.  You can see it on his little face. :)





Wednesday started off very stormy looking! In the morning while the girls were doing their school, I helped my FIL for a few hours do some paperwork he needed done for the VA.  At 1:20pm, we were off to more appointments.  This time, the dentist.  We were at the dentist from 2-4:30pm - making us late for our church meeting at 4pm.  Quite a long day.  We rushed to the meeting and then left the church about 6:15pm. 


Autumn and I made hamburgers and pasta salad while my husband and daughter were doing the youth group.  


And then Thursday morning...this!  Crazy weather.  



Thankfully, it lasted until mid morning and then started melting off.  I had a dentist appointment at noon and then my husband and I had our visits to the chiropractor.  After that, we grabbed a quick lunch at a Mediterranean place in the mall.


And you can't go to the mall without grabbing Cinnabon!


After finishing school, it was home for housework, a quick nap for work, and make dinner.  One of our favorites - pierogi skillet.


Then I was off to work for the evening for a new client - 8pm-8am.


Friday morning!  What a change from the day before!
School and babysitting.  Home for housework, laundry and make chicken-broccoli-stuffing casserole.  Pull it out of the oven and back to church for Date Night. :)


During our marriage quarter, my husband and I provide childcare so couples can go on a date if they would like.  Our daughters like to organize and run things (not sure where that comes from - ha!) so they decided to have a show that night.  Hey, they did get the boys to be the audience! :)


Saturday, my husband had a conference call at 10:30am and then we were off on a date. :)


My lovely date!


My go to at Red Robin - Bleu Ribbon burger and sweet potato fries.  So good!


We were itching to take a good hike.  Max, our border collie, joined us.

 
We started on this trail but was soon ankle deep in mud.  There was no way we were going to make it to the waterfall that day.  So we took the second trail.





View of Reno - that is downtown.  Pretty cool.



After our hike, we drove up to Boca Reservoir.  This is the road to Stampede Reservoir but it wasn't plowed to be able to make it back.  Isn't it amazing in 30 minutes - so much snow?


Boca Reservoir - We are blessed to live in such a beautiful area of the country.


Boca Reservoir


The Truckee River


The Truckee River
I just love where I get to live! :)

Sunday was a good day.  Praise and worship, choir, nursery.  A lady in our church organizes meals for our family for Sunday - it is such a sweet blessing on that busy day. :)
Tami made this delicious meal for us - creamy tacos, salad, homemade guacamole and a delicious orange/pineapple fruit salad.  It was all delicious and wonderful!  Thank you, Tami!


My secret sister gave me this awesome gift!  Yay!
 It was a nice, quiet afternoon.  The three oldest went to a friend's home.  We had lunch and rested. :)  My neighbor brought us over a couple dozen cupcakes which I took to church and shared.
Awana Club and then home for the night.  The girls begged to stay up to watch the Disneyland special. :)


Another reason I love where I live!  Sitting on my deck in February enjoying the beautiful weather. :)


Looking forward to a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment