Monday, February 29, 2016

Leaping Into a New Week


Thank you for stopping by my blog this week!  I love new weeks - fresh starts.  I hope you have a wonderful week as well!


Our week started differently than it has in many months.  Since last August when we started the school year, we have done our school day at our church from 8:30am-2pm.  We would do school and I also would do things around the church to help my husband.  This past week, I made a decision to move back to our home to finish out the year.  I really need a break from the church scene.  That is basically all.  We do great with the schedule and procedures at the church.  I actually enjoyed doing school away from the house - kind of a separate time and place.  It really went smooth and well all these months. 

But sometimes, you need to refresh your spirit.  Get away from the work aspect of the church scene and refocus on the relationship aspect.

All that to say, today was the first day schooling at home this year.  And I loved it.  Loved it.  And realized I have needed this for awhile.

Summer painted me this picture above and Autumn made me the little MM man. :)


I had two photo inspection jobs Monday morning. That didn't take too long.  My husband had two appointments with church folks.  Then tests for the school day and normal laundry and housecleaning.  In the afternoon after school, I did about 3/4 of my cleaning of the church for the week.  I will finish up tomorrow.  

Leftovers from Sunday dinner for Monday's dinner - dishes, showers, upload my photos for my inspection job.

Tuesday was a good day.  Babysitting Aaron, Teddy and Maddie.  In the morning, I had an appointment to give blood.  We did school. 1-2:30pm, piano lessons.  Then off to Wal-Mart for groceries and dog food.


I don't know what Max wanted but he did not want to get out of the van.  LOL!


Dinner was Pizza Pasta.
So easy. A box of spiral noodles, a large jar of spaghetti sauce, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies,
fresh mushrooms, a pound of ground beef, pepperoni, sliced black olives.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.


Then my husband and I were off to our local school to our caucus.


Wednesday, I was up early getting my housework done.  


Shannon came over that morning to have coffee together and catch up.  


So nice outside!  We did tests on the deck.


This dog.  He jumps our fence and spent the afternoon on the deck.  
I enjoyed trying a new recipe Chicken Pot Pie- it does take some time to cook the chicken, peel the potatoes, boil the vegetables and make the sauce.  It was nice to cook - kitchen door open enjoying the sun and the day.  :)


The time was worth it!  It was delicious. :)

Youth group was 6-7pm.  I did my ironing and finished the kitchen then cleared out my e-mails.


Thursday was babysitting for all three - Teddy, Maddie and Aaron.  School.  I dropped Belle off at the groomers for her beauty appointment.  When she was done, we picked her up from Hands to Paws.  We then stopped at our eye doctor's to pick up Addie and Autumn's glasses that had come in.



I went to the church and did some setting up for the memorial that was happening on Saturday.  Drink station, set up tables and chairs, tablecloths.  Aaron knocked out in the office.  LOL!


That night, we had tater-topped sausage egg bake.  I switched it up and used hamburger instead.  My kids love this meal!


After dinner, we made root beer floats for a treat. :)  Yum!  I know it is not summer yet but we are enjoying nice weather and it puts you in the mood!

Friday was babysitting Aaron and Teddy.  School.  I had a doctor appointment in the morning and then also went to the chiropractor for the week.


For dinner we had stuffed peppers.  Yum!  Then it was off for a Friday night shift 7pm-7am.


After a long night of work, I always long the sunrise.  It puts beauty into the new day.


When I got home, I found a sick little girl.  Not sure what is wrong.  She threw up one time and is running a fever.
So the others went to Community Outreach and I stayed home with her.  Then it was praise and worship practice and preparation for the memorial.
Baby dedication at 3pm.  Memorial service at 4:30pm.  


Then when we got home, we spent time going over for the last time our questions for the marriage Q&A that was Sunday.


I was excited to start my new Bible study journal Sunday morning!  I really like the simpleness of it - it is exactly what I had been looking for to add into my devotion time.


Each page entry looks similar to this - you just fill it in as you go.  It was even relaxing to color it - just slowing down enough to make it an experience is what I enjoyed most.

Then Summer and I were off early at 7:45am to the church to do cleaning and set up since the memorial was the evening before.
During the service, my husband and I did our Marriage Q&A session - one of favorites that we do in the year.


For our lunch, the Borden family made us this delicious lunch of enchiladas, rice and beans.  It was so good!  Thank you!


My secret sister gave me a nice gift of Dunkin coffee (this gave me a hint to who she may be!), my favorite drink - Tropical Citrus Vitamin Water and some fun garden stuff!  Awesome!

Poor Summer lay on the chair all during service and when we got home, her temp was 103.3 so she will stay home Sunday evening.

Then it will be off for an overnight shift - 8pm-8am.  
I hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Ribekaht. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and view those beautiful pictures of your daughters as well as well as different dishes with food and many other things. I am also glad to know your husband's name Eric who is a lead PASTOR. Well I am so honored and feel privileged to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and you being Pastor's wife. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young people as well as adults who are interested in missions to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. In the past we did have young people through YWAM, OASIS, INTERSERVE and Youth In Mission as well as individuals from different denominations. I am sure they will have a life changing experience if they come. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I am planning to come to the States in the month of April/ May 2016 and will be so glad to visit you and Pastor and share with you more about our ministry. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. god's richest blessings on you, Pastor and your four daughters. Also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete