Monday, February 15, 2016

Sweet Things in February


I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday!  It is a great time of year to spread some love around.  Thank you for stopping by today...here is a recap of my week.


Monday I got off to a running start! :)  Babysitting Aaron and Teddy...school - we even got an early start as well.  Since the weather is forecasted to be in the 60's all week - we stayed in the first outside classroom for school.  I love being out there and I am glad to be able to use that room again. :)
That enabled me to concentrate on cleaning of the building this week.  Which was pretty crazy after the Super Bowl party.  LOL!  It took me over four hours but when it was done - a sigh of relief.  :)  So nice to have a clean space again!  


Even though there is still snow on the ground - the sunshine was beautiful!  We opened the door and soaked it in!


After we got home from school, the girls played on the deck.  I washed up all the dishes left from the Super Bowl party, did laundry, swept, vacuumed.
Then I cut and organized my coupons for this week.  Leftovers for dinner.


Poor Aaron is teething.  Isn't he simply adorable with his new haircut?  I could just eat this kid up.  


Tuesday was an early morning - up at 4am to take my husband to the airport.  Back home for coffee, blogging, wash my bedding and more laundry and then get ready for school.



I am enjoying using my water bottle from my secret sister. :)


Just taking some pictures with this cutie. :)


Look!  I got your pen!  


Tuesday evening, I had dinner with my friend, Shannon, at Quiznos.  I have eaten there maybe once?  I really enjoyed their sandwich and soup combo!


Like I mentioned, I really am enjoying the Scripture writing plan for February. :)
Wednesday, we babysat Aaron and Teddy.  I dropped off the girls early at 7:30am to get an early start on the school day so we could complete the day.
At 12pm, I picked up my FIL and took him to the VA to have a colonoscopy procedure done.  I checked him in and then Autumn, Teddy, Aaron and I went to Wal-Mart and did some shopping I needed to do.  We got back from the hospital around 3pm.  


I decided to change around the dining room a bit and switched the buffet and my secretary.  Turned the table the other way.  A little change up here and there is good. :)
LeAne picked up Addie to go to the teen activity at Roller Kingdom at 5:30pm.  I was off to an 8pm-8am shift.


Do you see the little bunnies at my client's home? :)
Thursday turned out to be a very busy day.  As soon as I got home, we headed for school.  I got a couple calls close to noon that my FIL was at the VA Hospital and collapsed and was in the ER.  Not knowing too much of what happened, we packed up.  I finished the meal of veggie pizza and mango slices that I was making for Angela and Devin (they just had a baby) and off we went.  We dropped off the meal at their home and then went to the hospital.  Sonny was still in the ER and I wasn't allowed to go back yet - they were still working on him.  We waited and then left because I had a dentist appt at 3pm that I needed to get to.


After my appointment, we went back to the hospital where he had been transferred to a room in the ICU.  He was sedated and was sleeping so we stayed for a bit and then headed home.
We had veggie pizza for dinner and then I headed off for a second night shift of 8pm-8am.


Friday was babysitting Aaron, Maddie and Teddy.  School.  Grab a shower and then off to get my husband at the airport at 3:30pm.  From there, we went to the hospital to visit my FIL.  


Tracey Blair made and brought us a delicious meal for our family!  What a blessing at the end of this long and tiring week!  So yummy!


Sometimes you just need to paint your nails to feel better. :)


I also had a nice surprise from one of the parents I babysit for - a Starbucks gift card!  


Friday night - back to work for one more 8pm-8am shift.  I was pretty exhausted by this time.  I was glad for Saturday morning to come!  I got home and took a shower and laid down for a nap.  
My husband took the younger girls to pick up my FIL from the hospital.  When I woke up, I sat on the deck to do my writing challenge and read my Bible.  The sun and the Son revived me!



Max decided I shouldn't be alone and he jumped the fence to come be with me. LOL!


After they got home about 1:30pm, we decided to do a little family outing.  Lunch at Steak and Shake where someone paid for our meal!  What a neat blessing!


Then off to the library to get our books for the week. :)  And then to the park.  It was a gorgeous day in the 60's and yes, I was wearing flip flops already! :)

 

Then home to prepare for Sunday.  Flowers...candles...a warm saying.


Sunday morning, the girls gave me these sweet things that they had made me.  


Sunday morning ritual...praise and worship practice, choir practice, meet and greet, sing for the service, work the nursery, annual business meeting.
Then home for pizza and salad for lunch.


A thoughtful gift from my secret sister - combining my love of coffee, baking and gardening!


A sweet gift for the girls from Miss Tami. :)

Then it was cut my coupons and organize my binder for the week, a short nap and back for Cubbies/church.

I hope you had a great week and come back and visit me soon!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad yr fil is doing better...do you have a caterogie for yr coupon food binder! I think its great.
    Love yr simple pretty dining room♡ mrs m.

    ReplyDelete