Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February Days

February...a month to think about others you love.  Do something special this week for those around you.  Show them you love them today.


Monday began bright and blue after that long weekend of stormy weather!  Lots of snow everywhere.


We had a slightly late start to school due to getting off work at 8am.  Babysat Aaron and Teddy.  Normal day of school.  First day of February - new month - fresh start!


I worked on preparing seatwork papers for the next three weeks for Sierra and Summer and into the file folders.


Normally I go grocery shopping for the week on Monday after school but my husband went to pick up Addie at the airport at 1pm so it didn't work out like normal.  
I had fish sticks and fries in the freezer so we had a quick dinner of fish sandwiches and fries.  Then I was off to our ladies fellowship at U-Swirl.  I am not normally a sweets person - but I tried mango frozen yogurt with fresh fruit - kiwi, bananas, strawberries, pineapple - delicious!  I highly recommend.  I enjoyed good fellowship with the ladies and then it was off to do my shopping.  Yuck!  LOL!  You wouldn't believe how many people were also there doing their week's shopping at 9pm at night!  That may not seem late for you but it is late for me.  Ha!


Tuesday was school...babysitting Maddie, Aaron and Teddy.
Piano lessons 1-2:30pm for the girls.
Hair trim and eyebrow wax for me.  I am loving the length of my hair and I didn't even want to trim it but it really needed it.


Tried a new recipe for dinner.  It was ok - uses simple ingredients.  It was called Hamburger Casserole - I used ground turkey to make it healthier.


I also made some mini loaves of pumpkin bread.  Oops!  Filled them a little too full so they didn't look too pretty.  But that didn't matter I guess because all eight loaves were gone THAT night.  Holy moly these kids can eat. I made a regular loaf to take to our Wednesday admin meeting.



Wednesday seemed to fly by.  Just running from here to there.  School, babysitting Aaron and Teddy.  Helping my husband with some office things.  


Littles concentrating. :)


We then got home and I threw this soup together which was very good!  I will share the recipe next Wednesday.  Meatball and pasta soup.  It was the first time I tried orzo pasta and I really liked it!
Then rush right back to the church for our monthly admin meeting from 4-6pm.  Addie, Autumn and my husband had youth group at 6pm.

Thursday was another busy day.  School, babysitting Aaron, Teddy and Maddie.  Autumn went with me and the kids to do errands in town.  Wash and vacuum our van (finally a break in storms to do so!), ATM, Cort Furniture to get two new lamps for the living room, Senior Helpers to pick up an item I had left at a meeting, Carpenter's Music World to get some new books for Addie for piano lessons.

At home, I made this recipe - Veggie Chowder.  I wasn't totally sold on it.  It needed something and I didn't care for the creamed corn in it.



New lamps!


Friday seemed all wacky!  LOL!  I think cause my husband kept interrupting me at the church.  Ha!  School, babysat Maddie and Teddy.  Helped get some things together for our Couples Registration table. (Always know that for one simple project at your church, there is a lot of planning and work that go into it to make it first class and special.) After school, did vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, garbage, etc. to finish prepping the building for Sunday.  Set up the classes for Foundations 101 and Kid City.  

For dinner, I made Easy Chicken Enchiladas - really like this one!  This recipe will be posted soon as well!
My husband wanted to go out but being two old people - once it was past 6pm - we decided not to.  LOL!


Saturday, my husband and I spent a couple hours at the DMV renewing our licenses.  Yes, that means we have been back in Nevada eight years. :)  We went through the paperwork to get the Real ID's that will be required in 2020 for air travel and federal buildings.  



Then lunch at Famous Dave's with some gift cards that friends gave us at Christmas.  Shopping at Wal-Mart for some items for Sunday and then dinner at Josh and Jenny's.  Jenny always does such a nice job hosting.  We had chili along with the peanut butter cheeseball with graham crackers.  Thank you guys for having us over - we enjoyed it!

Sunday was busy busy!  Run to Wal-Mart for donuts, drop a gift off at a friend's home, preparations at the church.  Welcome in the new folks to my husband's Foundations 101 class - first week of this class.  Pass out new bulletins.
Sing for the service, work the nursery.  After church, southwest chicken soup for lunch ready in the crock pot.  Back to church to set up for the Super Bowl party.  Grill hot dogs with my husband.  


A lady in our church organizes Secret Sister for our church ladies - I got this sweet gift from my SS.  A huge bag of one of my favorite snacks and a cool new water infuser bottle for these warmer days.  Thank you!


Watching the game - go Broncos!


Our church also hosts a blood drive every year on Super Bowl Sunday every year.  Thank you to all those who donated blood for our drive - it means so much to me personally since I organize the drive.  Each person willing to donate is very important and we literally can't do it without you all!
This year, we had eleven whole blood donations and two double red cells which totaled fourteen units of blood.  This helps 36 hospital patients!  You guys are awesome and again, thank you!

After the blood drive, I was wiped out so I headed home and crashed. :) 
Have a great week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment