Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah



Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


In 2013, my husband and I spent the majority of the summer redoing some landscaping in our front yard.  In Nevada, you have to be very creative because of the desert landscape and our climate.  We had a very difficult time trying to grow grass from seed.  So we added a rock area around, mulch in other areas, bushes and trees and in the middle of the entire thing – we put an area of grass and this time, we laid sod.  For the next three years, I watered that sod area every day by hand. 

I realize this seems ridiculous to probably most of you!  I guess there were times it was ridiculous to me too!  Ha!  But this grass was my husband’s pride and joy.  His baby.  Every morning, I was out there with the hose giving it the water it desperately needed to stay alive and beautiful.

It was a lot of time.  If I estimated it, about 360 hours over the last three years.  Yeah, that was a lot of time invested. 

We recently asked a young man in our church who runs his own business if he would install a simple sprinkler system.  When I think of what took him less than half a day…compared to 360 hours…I slap myself in the head.

You see, he had the knowledge and ability to do what I couldn’t do.  And how much more simple my life became.  You don’t even know until you spend 40 minutes every day of your life watering grass!! J

I liken this to my God.  You know, how many times have I taken things into my own hands when I should have given it over to God?  I waste all my time fixing things in my own power and God is just looking at me saying, Boy, if you would just let me help you.  I could really make that situation a lot better.  But no, we are independent, self-sufficient and quite capable in our own eyes.  Oh sure, I had that grass looking perfect – so green and lush!  But now, I can look out and enjoy the grass while the sprinklers do the work so much easier.

So the challenge for today is…what have YOU taken into your own hands instead of giving it to the Master who can handle it so much better than we?  Today, give it back to Him.  And let Him do His perfect work in that situation.


Will you take the challenge?

1 comment: