Monday, November 26, 2018

Blessings of Friends


During the holiday season, I researched and planned some fun family activities to do.  If you remember, we went to the Reno Philharmonic show the week before.  On Saturday, they had a free magic show at our local library.  Nothing super extravagant but he did some good tricks and the girls enjoyed it!  Especially Sierra - she is always trying to learn a trick here and there.


There are so many neat things to experience - just do your research and plan out your calendar!  And a lot are free.



On Sunday, I filled in to teach the kids for the 9am service.  We had a great time with Addie leading the singing - I taught on the ten lepers and we did this Thanksgiving turkey craft.  So cute and again, didn't cost very much. :)

After the morning services, we had our Christmas play practice and then we went up to Lake Tahoe to visit with friends that came to see us.  The Lockhart family - Robert and Amber and their three kids.  
They were renting a little house for a few nights and they made us hamburgers and chips and we enjoyed a great time of fellowship with them.







It was beautiful at the lake but OH SO COLD!


Robert, my husband and I went to college together.  Actually, I was already done and we were married and Robert was a worker on our bus route.  It was such a joy to hear him telling how they are involved in their church - he is the youth leader for the teens - he is preaching at his church.  

Sometimes, people have SO much potential.  And they have training.  Yet, they don't use it.  

They aren't interested in what they can do in their church.  They want to be comfortable and without responsibility.  I'm saved and that's good enough.  

I told my husband on the way home, "It was SO good to see Robert with his own family serving the Lord.  He has a love for God and for serving and it was evident.  It was not a show.  It wasn't put on.  It wasn't fake.  That visit truly blessed me and did my heart so much good."

Real people.  Real friends.  Serving God.  It is amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment